Production Director – Gears of War – The Coalition
City : Vancouver
Category : See Posting
Industry : Technology
Employer : Microsoft
The Coalition is a Microsoft first-party development studio located in Vancouver, Canada. We are the official home of the Gears of War franchise, and our objective is to forge the future of the IP and push the limits of Microsoft’s entertainment platforms and devices. Our team is comprised of deep creative and technical talent from across our industry and beyond, working cohesively to delight our fan base and pass expectations of what is possible.
As a studio, we lead from our values and work together to promote respect and inclusion, a growth mindset, G.R.I.T (Guts, Resourcefulness, Initiative & Tenacity), all while putting our team first! Join us and let’s go far together!
We are looking for a Production Director to deliver best in class gaming experiences for our players while empowering the team, hitting quality, schedule, and business targets.
The Production Director will work directly with the Studio Director of Production to ensure we have solid project plans in place, and will work with Senior Producers to drive planning and execution in order to deliver amazing player experiences. A key component of this role is to identify and manage the critical dependencies between the groups and solve issues. As part of the Production team, you will be expected to help create and foster a collaborative, inclusive, and high performing work environment. You will help define a production strategy and roadmap, and partner with Product Owners to establish sprint and milestone goals. You will drive execution of this plan by working with the leadership team to prioritize deliverables, manage risks, react quickly to challenges, report status, and evaluate progress against deliverable completion and quality success criteria.
- Communicate the goals of the project, and ensuring that the team is connected to the product and delivering at high efficiency and high quality
- Provide leadership and direction for the Production team. Drive collaboration to ensure each team has well defined goals that align with project pillars, and teams are working together effectively to achieve them
- Drive milestone planning, execution, dependency management and evaluation of priorities
- Oversee deliverables (internal and external), and report project status to Studio Leadership Team
- Understand and communicate team capacity and project scope
- Proactively manage and mitigate risks
- Champion effective production processes, identify opportunities to improve processes that will increase quality and efficiency, and helping shape the evolution of production practices across the team
- Adapt to product needs in different phases of development - from hands on work, to broad scale planning of processes to scale. This role needs to provide leadership across many different areas
- Provide mentorship for leads and producers regarding project or people challenges, and support them in achieving career objectives.
- You have managed one or more cross functional game teams through two or more game phases (Pre-Production, Production, Finaling) on a AAA console game
- You are comfortable working in modern project management methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, Kanban, etc)
- You are customer obsessed and have a desire to provide the best experience to our content creators and our players
- You possess excellent communication skills and are excited to work closely with designers, engineers and content creators
- You have experience working on a live game ("game as service") or a single player campaign preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.