City : Jamestown
Category : Production & Skilled Trades
Industry : Crop production
Employer : J.D. Irving
Cavendish Farms is a leading producer of frozen food products for retail and foodservice markets throughout Canada, the United States, and around the world. We have state-of-the-art potato processing plants in Prince Edward Island, Lethbridge, Alberta, and Jamestown, North Dakota, and an appetizer plant in Wheatley, Ontario. Our Head office is in Dieppe, New Brunswick and has sales office locations in Toronto, Montreal, and Boston.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the selected candidate will be a self-starter with a strong work ethic, ""Can Do"" attitude and be able to adapt to a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
- Education Required: High School Diploma or Trade Certification
- Years of Experience Required: <2 years
- Willingness to complete food safety and other job training and comply with SQF standards
- Willingness to work 12 hour shifts, may include nights (please inquire)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Mechanical background or experience with equipment is helpful
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- The physical capability, with or without reasonable accommodation, to access all areas of the facility to carry out all duties as assigned that will include independent reaching, lifting, bending, climbing, and standing
- Possess, with or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental capabilities to respond verbally or in writing to requests for information received verbally or in writing from internal or external sources
- Possess, with or without reasonable accommodation, the physical ability to dead lift 50 pounds to shoulder height
- Ability to perform duties in highly sensitive areas that may include extreme temperatures and humidity, extraordinary heights and areas where toxins may be present while in company-issued garments and complete duties in a safe and efficient manner
- Must have vision of not less than 20/20 corrected
Production Assistant Key Responsibilities:
- Clean, inspect, trim, case load, & hand stack; majority of time either in processing or packaging, but may be instructed to work in each area
- Inspect on line for foreign material
- Inspect raw and/or finished product for defects and other quality attributes
- Notify shift management of any issues or concerns with the product
- Train new hires and document all training; perform CQP’s
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work area and also assist other personnel as needed to maintain the same conditions in the processing and/or packaging area
- Other related duties as assigned
What We Offer:
We take pride in our people and support them. We have an industry-leading employee incentive program, 401K with a company match up to 5%, and continually review and adjust our rates of pay to ensure we remain competitive. We provide unrivaled benefit plans for our employees and their families, most of which start the first of the month after hire, including medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage, flex spending accounts, life and supplemental insurance, long term disability insurance, and paid time off with carryover. Our other industry leading benefits include internal growth opportunities, paid breaks, uniform and shoe allowance, referral bonuses, and relocation assistance. Plus now offering a $500 sign on bonus!
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company!
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Cavendish Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected Veteran status.