Product Verification Security Automation Intern (Summer 2024, 12 months)
City : Ottawa
Category : Interns, Students & Temporary
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Ciena
Ciena is committed to our people-first philosophy. Our teams enjoy a culture focused on prioritizing a personalized and flexible work environment that empowers an individual’s passions, growth, wellbeing and belonging. We’re a technology company that leads with our humanity—driving our business priorities alongside meaningful social, community, and societal impact.
We are actively seeking a driven and talented intern to play a vital role in advancing our automation-focused test strategies for system-level validation of optical networking solutions. Our solutions are based on innovative technologies aimed at meeting the performance, scalability, reliability, and feature requirements of our diverse global customer base, including telecom service providers and content providers.
- Participate in the creation of security scripts and tools utilized as part of our system level testing of next-generation products and solutions.
- Actively design, develop, and implement automation scripts using our Python Automation Framework to validate customer use case scenarios and workflows including evolve the capabilities of already developed automation scripts.
- Execute and validate system level tests for network elements using fully automated, semi-automated and manual test methods, providing coverage across all North Bound user interfaces such as CLI, Netconf, Rest, gRPC, as well as Network Management Systems.
- Activities including documenting decisions, analyze test results, log defect reports, reproduction and debugging of issues, work with designers to troubleshoot, and retest defect resolution.
- Participate in peer reviews of automation scripts.
- Strong customer focus and a firm commitment to product excellence and quality.
- Ability to understand security concepts such as AAA (Authentication, Authorization and Accounting) Security Framework, Encryption Key Models, Vulnerability Assessments, Secure Logging
- Knowledge of IP (Internet Protocol) networking with both IPv4 and IPv6 based networks.
- Ability to understand concepts in manual testing, including the ability to work directly with lab resource and test equipment.
- Ability to understand and apply concepts in Test Automation of network devices with the ability to write effective automation scripts using Python, automation frameworks, git-based source code control systems, Jenkins, and containerized virtual test environments.
- Passionate about Network Security and keen interest in the telecommunication industry
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate in a global multisite team environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Working towards the completion of a Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Network Engineering, or Computer Science degree.
At Ciena, we are committed to building and fostering an environment in which our employees feel respected, valued, and heard. Ciena values the diversity of its workforce and respects its employees as individuals. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination.
Ciena is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise Ciena of any accommodation measures you may require.