Product Verification Network Technician
City : Ottawa
Category : Engineering
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Ciena
Ciena is committed to our people-first philosophy. Our teams enjoy a culture focused on prioritizing a personalized and flexible work environment that empowers an individual’s passions, growth, wellbeing and belonging. We’re a technology company that leads with our humanity—driving our business priorities alongside meaningful social, community, and societal impact.
Ciena Corporation is a network strategy and technology company that translates best-in-class technology into value. Our passion is to continuously provide an experience that is as rewarding as the outcome. Our solutions form the foundation of many of the largest, most reliable and sophisticated service provider, enterprise, government, and research and education networks across the globe. Ciena has been recognized as having an outstanding workplace culture.
As a member of Product Verification NetOps team, you will be working to support system level testing of next generation products. The position includes exposure to a wide variety of routing and switching equipment, servers/services, and tool creation/maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain network and switching infrastructure including maintenance, upgrades, and troubleshooting to support active testing on routing, switching and server applications.
- Trial and deploy network services that emulate customer operations.
- Participate in network security and vulnerability testing
- Participate in security/network tools product evaluations.
- Experience operating and debugging Cisco and Juniper routers.
- Strong networking/switching and IPv4/IPv6 knowledge including OSPF, BGP, subnetting and VLAN management.
- Experience managing network support server applications including DNS, DHCP and secure network protocols.
- Strong Knowledge of Linux and Windows OS
- Ability to work with a diverse team.
- Complete task with little supervision
- Strong commitment to product excellence
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Any of the following skills would be considered an asset:
- CCNA, JNCIA, CompTIA Network+, or other routing and switching certifications.
- Bash or python scripting
- CompTIA Security+ or other network security certificate
- Experience with any of the following protocols: REST, GRPC, Netconf, SNMP, TACACs, Radius, PKI and other security applications/protocols
- Working with GIT and Jenkins
- Recent diploma in Computer Engineering Technology or Information Technology
- Technologist with 2+ years of relevant experience
At Ciena, we are committed to building and fostering an environment in which our employees feel respected, valued, and heard. Ciena values the diversity of its workforce and respects its employees as individuals. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination.
If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise Ciena of any accommodation measures you may require.