Product System Specialist
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M1L4S2
Category : IT Business Analysts
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 174524
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Join a dynamic and collaborative Agile ecosystem that supports Digital Channels Technology (ScotiaConnect - web and mobile development) at Global Business Payments, servicing the cash management needs of the Bank’s small business, commercial and corporate customers.
Located in the East Eglinton campus, the Digital Channels Lab is comprised of Agile feature teams that deliver customer-centric products and services on the channels, using modern engineering and technical practices. The position is within one of the feature teams and will report to the Senior Manager - Lab Leader.
What will you do?
- Collaborate with a cross-functional feature team comprised of Scrum Master, Product Owner(s), UX designers, UI and full-stack developers and QA specialists.
- Partner with technology teams across IT&S (both Agile and Waterfall) as required.
- Assist Product Owner with the analysis of the business domain, creation and grooming of a healthy Product Backlog.
- Facilitate common understanding and consensus of epics/features within the team - lead cadences such as sketching and story mapping sessions to identify, write and refine user stories/specifications.
- Learn the various flows/functionality within the existing channels platform and their dependencies on upstream systems and applications.
- Stretch skills and competencies to serve cross-functional needs of the team and/or where the opportunity presents itself (E.g. Perform testing, lead Scrum cadences such as sprint reviews.)
- Identify and implement continuous improvements; evolve the business analysis practice in the ecosystem by experimenting with new techniques and tools. (E.g. Acceptance tests-driven specification).
What do you need to succeed?
- Degree from a recognized university.
- Hands-on experience with requirements techniques commonly used in Agile teams – user stories, spec-by-example and informal modeling/mapping.
- Experience doing deep analysis work in collaborative Agile software development teams
- Understanding of Agile frameworks/techniques – Kanban and Scrum.
- Working knowledge of collaboration tools such as Confluence and Jira.
- System testing experience is desired.
- Exposure (or experience) in Behaviour-driven Design tools and techniques.
- Keen appreciation for user-centric design and customer-driven product development.
- Ability to ask strong questions to help the team identify impediments and areas of improvement.
- Have an open and curious mind – embrace an ‘experiment and learn’ mindset.
- Excellent facilitation skills.
- Absolute team player.
- Experience with cash management products and/or business banking platforms is a nice to have.
- Working knowledge or exposure to Accessibility requirements in online platforms is a nice to have.
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We hire you for your talent — not just a job — so you can grow with us. We’ll equip you for success not only in your role, but also in your career as a whole
- Dress codes don't apply here: being comfortable does
- Our work from home social channel offers weekly virtual yoga, social events, learning opportunities, and contests to share current experiences & promote wellbeing in our new remote environment
- Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can hone your current skills, or learn new ones
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one and much more
Work conditions: In-Office/Hybrid/Remote
Some of our perks & onsite offerings will be offline as we continue to monitor federal and provincial regulations around COVID-19
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.