Product Owner, Mid-Office Settlement Technology Solutions
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H 0B4
Category : IT Business Analysts
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 182357
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Global Bank & Market, Data & Analytics – Compliance Engineering team is an exciting team with the mandate to design, develop, and execute global technology strategy for the Bank. As part of the Global Equity Technology & Quantitative Trading Solutions department, the successful candidate will add value to the Equity Products, Delivery and Analytics team by supporting their technology and business analysis needs in development and support of solutions Equity Mid-Office and Trading systems.
The incumbent will be responsible for the product roadmap for the new mid-office platform. They will lead a team comprised of development, system analysts, project management, and quality assurance in the delivery of the product roadmap. The incumbent will own the analysis leading to the definition of requirements, design, testing, project coordination and implementation processes, for Equity Products, Delivery and Analytics team, and other business lines being serviced. The incumbent, when called upon, is also responsible for participating in a variety of other projects for new systems or enhancements. The candidate will work with other technology groups and vendors, and provision of ongoing support for all users in the business lines supported.
Some of the key accountabilities include:
• Manage resources and prioritizes work assignments, meet milestones. Communicate and negotiate timelines, budget, staffing, scope and critical milestones with project managers and key stakeholders.
• Identifies and documents project requirements in order to capture required outcomes and ultimately support the business’s overall objectives.
• Assist in resolving complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the system needs of various Middle Office teams, Cash Equity, DMA and Global Equity Derivatives Trading Desks and their internal and external customers, by applying your business and technological knowledge to analysis, defining user requirements, design and implementation of systems solutions. This may involve rapid prototyping, with requirements and solutions developed on an iterative basis that provides interim deliverables until a final production solution is created.
• Builds, sustains, and leverages relationships with individuals within his/her area of immediate responsibility when gathering, validating, and approving requirements to establish a comfort level in managing relationships and understanding business needs and assurance that a quality result will be delivered.
• Determines the best approach for eliciting, analyzing, validating, and prioritizing requirements to ensure that the necessary information is captured from the relevant stakeholders to address the business needs
• Participate in the systems implementation process by defining business requirements and processes, assisting with developing test strategies and test cases, performing testing, defining user procedures and workflows, developing conversion and implementation strategies, verifying conversion, providing user documentation, providing user training, and providing post-implementation support.
• Assist with the coordination of small projects and/or specific sections of large projects to implement solutions to business problems.
• Provide support to other BAs, Delivery Managers in support of both the Trade Floor and Mid-Office systems. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that management is kept informed and that problems and issues are escalated appropriately.
• Assist with coaching other business analysts, and guiding technical staff, and users on an individual project basis.
• Collaborates with business partners, including senior management, to define business objectives, process, and requirements. Within the context of the project, collaborates on and sometimes leads discussions with business partners to better understand the business environment, to determine potential impacts on the project scope and objectives.
What You Will Bring to Succeed
• Expert knowledge in the workflows associated with Institutional post trade processing for Equity and Derivative listed transactions their associated flow for street side and client allocation (FMC, DTC CTM) for submission into back-office book of records systems (i.e. Broadridge).
• Experience with any/all of the following is considered necessary assets for the position: Broadridge Intact and FIX Protocol. Fidessa CTAC.
• Understands and is familiar with the application of techniques associated with data modeling, process modeling, and user-centred design within the context of the organizational standards
• Possesses a university degree and 5 - 7 years business analysis experience, supporting medium to large-sized projects
• Possesses solid business understanding and knowledge of the use of technology and applications in mid-office and front office trading
• Canadian Securities Course is desirable
• Solid knowledge of project management and the system development life cycle/agile development process
• Highly desirable working knowledge of DTC CTM and/or SS&C FMC, BPSA, and Fidessa CTAC.
• We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work
• We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
• You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
• We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning
• We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results
• We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Is this Role not the Exact fit?
Sign up to stay in touch; we’ll let you know when we have new positions on the team.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.