Product Owner Ecommerce
City : Saint John
Category : Sales, Marketing & Product Management
Industry : Building material and garden equipment and supplies dealers
Employer : J.D. Irving
Product Owner Ecommerce
Kent, part of the Retail Division of J. D. Irving LTD, is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada with 48 locations from Saint John, New Brunswick to Corner Brook, Newfoundland and many towns and cities in between.
Our culture thrives thanks to the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in, our focus on diversity in the workplace, our commitment to our employees through training and development programs and our focus on creating an aligned and engaged workforce across our business.
The successful candidate will be able to manage the product development process using an agile framework. Working closely with cross-functional teams, identifying user needs, and ensuring the product meets customer expectations. They will enjoy problem solving and be proactive in identifying the root cause of issues and developing solutions.
Key Responsibilities and Outcomes:
- Communicates with and supports key stakeholders in the software development lifecycle process.
- Evaluates all decisions and changes made during development and ensures a quality product.
- Defines requirements and writes user stories.
- Prioritizes user stories and product backlog.
- Builds and maintains the product backlog.
- Provides clarity on requirements to all key stakeholders.
- Performs product demos.
- Supports Product Manager responsibilities and initiatives.
Skill, Capabilities, and Experience:
- Magento/ Adobe Commerce certification or other large platform experience and/or certification would be given preference.
- Proven experience in digital product delivery using agile methodology.
- Experience working directly with web development teams and strong familiarity with web/eCommerce technology.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills with strong attention to detail. Ability to communicate status/problems to team members and non-technical managers effectively.
- The ability to shift between changing priorities, effectively balance autonomy and collaboration.
- Creative, highly organized, self-motivated person.
- College degree or equivalent experience required.
Kent is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada. Our mission is to be the best source of home improvement products through superior service, quality products and everyday great prices. We protect our customers and staff by hiring and training associates committed to our safety values.
We employ over 3700 people and work hard to increase our market share through strategic investment in training and technology. In addition to our retail stores, we operate truss manufacturing facilities and a wholesale drywall company. We are a member of the Independent Lumber Dealers Co-operative which ensures our great product selection and pricing.
Kent Building Supplies is an inclusive and diverse work environment. We are committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees, candidates and customers.
If you have disabilities that require special accommodation please email, RetailRecruitment@kent.ca
Interested in a career with Kent? We would love to hear from you!
Please apply online today! We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Kent Building Supplies is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.