City : Montreal
Category : Other
Industry : Technology/Computer Services
Employer : IBM
A career in IBM Consulting is rooted by long-term relationships and close collaboration with clients across the globe.
You’ll work with visionaries across multiple industries to improve the hybrid cloud and AI journey for the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Your ability to accelerate impact and make meaningful change for your clients is enabled by our strategic partner ecosystem and our robust technology platforms across the IBM portfolio; including Software and
Curiosity and a constant quest for knowledge serve as the foundation to success in IBM Consulting. In your role, you'll be encouraged to challenge the norm, investigate ideas outside of your role, and come up with creative solutions resulting in ground breaking impact for a wide network of clients. Our culture of evolution and empathy centers on long-term career growth and development opportunities in an environment that embraces your unique skills and experience.
Your Role and Responsibilities
You will work on projects that help clients integrate strategy, process, technology, and information to increase effectiveness, reduce costs and improve profit and shareholder value. You can take advantage of opportunities to master new skills, work across different disciplines, move into new challenges and develop a robust understanding of different industries.
As the liaison between the development team and customers, the development product owner must collaborate closely with both groups to ensure there is a clear understanding of what features are needed in the product or application. Because there may be a variety of types of customers and users, the product owner must have a firm understanding of the business domain and the varying needs of different types of users. Use case development will be a large part of the role. The development product owner sets priorities for the development team(s) and conveys the requirements of those priorities; he or she works closely with the team as they take these priorities and breaks them into stories to be addressed during an iteration. The product owner helps clarify these priorities and requirements as the team works through these items.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the delivery of new products or services from projects to the appropriate level of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the project plan and project governance arrangements
- Working with the Offering Team lead, Offering Managers and all other stakeholders
- Managing communications with all stakeholders
- Managing both the dependencies and the interfaces between projects
- Managing risks to the project’s successful outcome
- Initiating extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in the project are identified or issues arise
- Reporting the progress of the project at regular intervals operations meetings
- Creating and maintaining focus, enthusiasm and momentum
This role can be performed in Quebec.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Proven track record of applying knowledge of Software Development practices.
- Experience with Agile Development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc)
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes, AWS, Azure, Ansible
- Experience working with UNIX/Linux operating systems
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling projects
- Sound business case development and approvals skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Interest in Cloud computing, Internet of Things, Internet/Network Security
- Knowledge of secure software engineering and best practices.
- Basic experience working with a broad range of Java technologies (e.g., JMS, JNI, JDBC, …)
- Demonstrated understanding of networking protocols and principles
- Basic experience working with security log analysis, application log analysis, and general log management best practices
About Business UnitIBM Consulting is IBM’s consulting and global professional services business, with market leading capabilities in business and technology transformation. With deep expertise in many industries, we offer strategy, experience, technology, and operations services to many of the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Our people are focused on accelerating our clients’ businesses through the power of collaboration. We believe in the power of technology responsibly used to help people, partners and the planet.
Your Life @ IBMIn a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementMust have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and the Crimea, Luhansk, Donetsk, Kherson, and Zaporizhia regions of Ukraine) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.