Product Operations Student – 8 Month Winter Term
City : Waterloo
Category : Software & Systems
Industry : IT
Employer : BlackBerry
Worker Sub-Type:Student (Fixed Term)
BlackBerry is looking for a talented Product Operations Student, who is looking for an opportunity to learn the ropes of the product management and operations trade at BlackBerry. You will have the chance to help contribute and shape the future of Go-To-Market strategy of BlackBerry Cyber products. You will work alongside product management, sales operations and finance teams. As Product Operations Student, you will both learn foundational concepts and real practical skills of the product management and operations trade to succeed on the job. While technical skills are not a pre-requisite, you will need to come with a willingness to learn and generate constant passion to generate value for our customers.
Location: Waterloo, ON
Length of Term: 8 Months
What you will do:
- Work closely with Sales Operations and Finance to drive across the portfolio improvements
- Work on prioritization of product roadmap and backlog
- Complete competitive and market research in the endpoint and XDR security market
- Understand the security space, help research and define creative solutions to solve complex customer issues
- Work closely with engineering and other product team members to drive execution of capabilities that align with BlackBerry vision
Who we are looking for:
- Candidates with a background in Engineering, Computer Science, Management preferred
- Work experience in project management or product management is highly desirable
- Familiarity with the security space, cloud engineering, or security operations is preferred
- Candidates with an innate ability to learn new concepts quickly and synthesize this information into actionable requirements and goals
Above and beyond:
- Multi-disciplinary background from a varied set of fields/experience
Student Life at BlackBerry
- Growth Mindset: employees have access to skills training and professional development courses, mentorship programs as well as unlimited access to our on-demand learning platform.
- Commitment to Wellness: employees have access to events that support physical, mental and financial wellness. We host wellness sessions, fitness courses, discounts to local gyms and offer a 24/7 Employee Assistant Program (EAP).
- Highly collaborative teams and a supportive workplace environment, with organization-wide events and a student social committee.
- Employee Perks: we have snack and beverage programs at all locations. Students also have access to discounts for local stores, transportation, restaurants and activities.
See more about the student program at BlackBerry over on our Instagram @BlackBerryStudentLife
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40