Product Manager, Scotia Digital
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5A3X5
Category : Manager
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 145776
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As a Digital Product Manager on Customer Onboarding, Segments and Welcome team, the ideal candidate will develop a compelling product vision, strategy, roadmap, define key business objectives (OKRs) for their portfolio. Leveraging the deep understanding of the customer needs, analytics, as well as market trends/players, they will continually prioritize the direction and desired outcomes for their product portfolio to ensure optimal, superior and secure customer experience. Leveraging their ability to organize and motivate teams, they will work with Designers, Business Product lines, Bank Stakeholders, Data scientists and Software Developers to translate customer journey directives into actionable backlog deliverables and follow through to completion.
Is this role right for you?
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge.
- Owns the portfolio for best-in-class digital experiences for our customers, supporting the Customer Onboarding / Segments / Welcome products, leading a team of high performing Product Managers.
- Leads the strategic vision and multi-year product roadmap creation for the portfolio, alongside the Director of Product.
- Guides problem discovery to understand customer needs, current challenges, industry trends and best practices. Works closely with all stakeholders to build brand new products and services that meet those needs.
- Provides strategic oversight on the delivery of building, enhancing, and improving products within the portfolio.
- Owns the business line relationship with the business stakeholders, including executive leadership (SVP & VP), ensuring that business requirements are aligned to customer’s needs and translated into the right products and journeys. Manages expectations with effective communication.
- Defines the customer and business value by establishing relevant objectives and key results (OKRs) to connect them to the overall vision and mission and tracking them throughout the product life cycle. Sell executive leadership on the value and progress through crisp and meaningful presentations
- Works with analytics to monitor and analyze key performance indicators (KPIs) such as sales funnel performance, penetration and engagement, lives and breathes the funnel.
- Conduct market and competitive analysis to identify future opportunities of growth for their product; establish self as a subject matter expertise within digital banking for owning areas
- Understands and keeps up to date with emerging technologies, trends and innovative solutions related to their journey
- Use data to drive decisions. Build hypothesis, test & iterate to formulate an agile product development approach. Consistently findings ways to improve and enhance the products to drive the biggest impact for the customer and Scotia
- Maintain a prioritized backlog, support the creation of detailed user stories and participate in sprint planning, and other agile ceremonies. Engage day-to-day with the scrum teams, clarifying questions and helping with decision making.
- Mentors junior PMs on team; reviews output produced by junior team members where and provides feedback as needed
- Understands how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of their respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- 5+ years of experience working as a product manager shipping consumer facing software solutions; experience working on digital products, preferably in the consumer space is a plus
- You have managed technology products or a digital journeys end to end, from inception to delivery.
- You are knowledgeable about multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Agile/Scrum, Engineering, UX/UI Design, Sales and Marketing, Finance.
- You are a master of identifying and solving ambiguous problems to drive customer and business value.
- You have excellent organizational and analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
- You have a curious and experimental entrepreneurial mindset to drive innovation amidst uncertainty
- You enjoy to prioritize work while multi-tasking on several high-profile products with a keen eye on details
- Your verbal and written communication skills are exceptional, with the ability to engage and influence stakeholders at different levels in the organizations
- Experience in financial services is an asset
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We hire you for your talent — not just a job — so you can grow with us. We’ll equip you for success not only in your role, but also in your career as a whole
- Dress codes don't apply here: being comfortable does
- Our work from home social channel offers weekly virtual yoga, social events, learning opportunities, and contests to share current experiences & promote wellbeing in our new remote environment
- Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can hone your current skills, or learn new ones
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
- Free shuttle service to and from Union Station, onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef, and an onsite fitness center *
*Some of our perks & onsite offerings will be offline as we continue to monitor federal and provincial regulations around COVID-19.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.