Product Manager / Owner, Integrated Business Planning
City : Mississauga
Category : Other
Industry : Food/Packaging
Employer : Maple Leaf Foods
The Opportunity:Lead our Supply Chain into the digital future by fostering a planning environment that embraces the connectedness, efficiency, and reliability of our powerful IBP (Integrated Business Planning) investment. As the single-point-of-contact for all IBP-related technical workstreams, the IBP Product Manager / Owner will be responsible for cross-functional adherence to our IBP governance matrix, leading progression and maturity of our IBP sustainment models and spearheading continuous improvement efforts by leading a network of Super Users. This influential leader will also partner closely with our IS (Information Solutions) counterparts to keep us on the leading edge of IBP technology, while engaging externally within the SAP community to establish Maple Leaf Foods as leaders in the digital Supply Chain arena.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Manage IBP data governance matrix and hold all stakeholders accountable to ensuring high data integrity, reliability, and recency in order to avoid “garbage in, garbage out”
- Example: Ensuring Finance provides an updated LE in a format that is automatically loaded into IBP on a monthly basis
- Advance IBP sustainment models with the Supply Chain Planning leadership team to ensure product maturity and continuously improve in each of the interconnected modules of IBP
- Create and manage a multi-year digital roadmap of continuous improvement including critical end-to-end capabilities to transform our business (i.e., further integration, dollarization, network optimization, etc.)
- Orchestrate a group of IBP Super Users across our planning teams to develop, deploy and refine standard process capabilities and best in class tools / systems to expedite business decisions and enable intelligent process automation
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with IS partners to deliver shared value:
- Understand the roadmap of native new IBP releases and updates, work with IS to configure, test and deploy relevant enhancements along with SOPs / Job Aids to our planning teams
- Manage version and update controls directly with end users in the business
- Identify, prioritize, test and deploy Change Requests submitted by the planning teams to enhance and automate our processes
- Participate in external SAP IBP community (webinars, demos, etc.) to uncover “best in class” and establish Maple Leaf Foods as leaders in the digital supply chain space
- Provide technical onboarding, coaching and development of the required technical competencies for the planning team
- Conduct analysis and provide relevant data insights as required
What You’ll Bring:
- 5+ years of experience in Supply Chain Planning, Project Management, and System Integration
- Post-secondary education in a related field, as per above
- Competency in: Interpersonal and Communication abilities, Tools & Systems, Change Management, Problem Solving, Strategic Creation of Value, Business Acumen, and Learning Agility
- Passion for technical solution design, implementation and change management
- Experience in managing complex and multi-functional projects
- Ability to collaborate with diverse teams and foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment
- Ability to manage high workload against demanding timelines, prioritizing accordingly
- Experienced in developing internal stakeholder and executive relationships throughout the business
- CPG industry experience in commercialization
- Understanding of general Supply Chain & Commercial processes
- Experience with global systems (SAP/APO/ERP/SNP/ECC/IBP)
- Ambassador for Maple Leaf Values. Appetite to learn, grow and take on increasingly more responsibility
- Strong alignment with Maple Leaf’s Leadership Edge Values
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- A hybrid work model that embraces remote work for eligible roles, helping team members achieve work-life balance—combining the best of both spending time working remotely, benefitting from focus time, and purposeful collaboration in the office setting.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
About Us:We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
A diverse and inclusive work environmentChampioning diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based cultureOur eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.