Product Manager, Merchant Services, Global Business Payments – Toronto, ON
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H0B4
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 175759
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Product Manager, Merchant Services, Global Business Payments - Toronto, ON
This position contributes to the profitability and revenue growth of the Global Business Payments portfolio through the development and maintenance of business customers’ payment products and initiatives that maximize market share and customer growth opportunities.
The Product Manager, Merchant Services is responsible for managing the ongoing requirements and go-to-market strategies for the Bank’s Merchant Services offering.
The Product Manager works independently, receiving direction from the Senior Product Manager. The manager will also participate in a collaborative and coordinated fashion with interdivisional product and sales groups, such as Bank’s Operational organizations (Legal Counsel, Risk and Compliance, AML, Call Centre, Accounting, Systems, Finance, Credit Solutions and Customer Service, etc.). The Manager must also be comfortable in managing a complex array of external vendors.
Because of the complexities involved in this product line, prior relevant experience in either product management or product development would be a highly desirable asset
Is this role right for you? In this position you'll be:
Oversee to drive growth in revenues and customer satisfaction by:
- Collaborating with the Technology, Sales, and AML/Risk teams to understand and articulate the product vision, including the customer impacts, business/stakeholder value, system dependencies and technological processes, both internal and external
- Ensuring products are performing as expected and resolving issues that arise in a timely manner with updates to partners and escalations to management as required
- Owning the end-to-end process map and ensuring accountable stakeholders are operating to the agreed responsibilities
- Determining where product gaps may exist with respect to customer needs, competitive offerings, and trends
- Understanding the voice of the customer and front-line staff, and action feedback with stakeholders
- Overseeing the product marketing and communications for customers and staff
- Managing vendor partnership relationships to support product portfolio
- Providing ad hoc support and subject matter expertise to partners as required
Develop profit plan projections by:
- Assisting in the design of financial analytical models incorporating risk, cost, budgets and financial consequences
- Assessing customer needs, product demand and determining key issues and opportunities; and proposing specific business objectives
- Gathering research to identify unique market segments programs/products to enter
- Assisting in the development of channel pricing strategies and anticipating future developments
- Developing and analyzing data for driving business objectives and decisions
- Assisting with any prework and research for new products being proposed or launched
- Operational Execution and Ongoing Support
- Determining key product opportunities and issues
- Provide expertise to sales staff with respect to high potential/complex/customized solicitation for large clients
- Accompany sales officers on customer/prospect calls as required to provide product expertise
- Assist with development of customized/technical product sections of sales proposals
- Working with the pricing and operations teams to drive revenues and improve efficiencies
- Responding/assisting with RFP inquiries and liaising with third party vendors
- Collaborating with the Risk and IS&C teams with assuring that all merchant services vendor contracts are completed and up to date
- Ensuring product materials (sales aids, brochures, web site content, forms and User’s Guides) are current and effective
- Arranging for production of materials and coordinating distribution
- Conducting/participating in product informational seminars
Lead the delivery of approved projects:
- Overseeing the design and implementation of new products or enhancements
- Performing in an Agile project setting for digital products, and waterfall as required
- Strategic engagement and influencing of stakeholders to manage prioritization and change delivery
- Identifying and recommending solutions to meet the specific needs for major customers
- Writing detailed requirements and coordinating the development activities necessary to provide customization/tailoring of existing products to meet the unique needs of major customers
- Ensuring requirements are agreed by partners and driven by customer feedback and data
- Preparing timely status updates, reports, and presentations
- Keeping the project moving with a sense of urgency by actively participating in the project team, sprint reviews, and driving milestones
- Operating with curiosity to challenge the status quo to improve the product P&L
- Defining the requirements for advertising and promotional materials including advertising campaigns, brochures, newsletters, bulletins, circulars, statement inserts and online messages
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
We'd love to work with you if you have:
- Self-starter possessing confidence and initiative; able to cope with changing and evolving priorities while identifying new opportunities
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and strategic negotiating skills
- Knowledge of payments, industry trends and practices, innovative digital platforms, policies and procedures
- Product management expertise to enable the thorough understanding of products/services
- Knowledge of the Bank's application systems and their relationships within the Bank is an asset
- Experience working in an Agile environment is an asset
- Working knowledge of the Merchant Services Industry
- University Degree in business, economics, or technology (MBA an asset)
- Working knowledge of Business Insight tools (i.e. Power BI, Excel, Tableau etc).
- 3+ years of Product Management experience
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.