Product Manager – Content
City : Markham
Category : Other
Industry : Technology/Computer Services
Employer : IBM
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The IBM Software Networking team seeks an experienced Information Developer to help maintain, improve, and evolve our technical documentation for a growing product portfolio. This person will work with the team’s Information Development and Design lead to deliver high-quality technical content that makes it easy for users with varying levels of subject matter expertise to understand key concepts, complete tasks successfully, and get the most from their DNS and traffic steering tools.
The ideal candidate is highly organized, a self-starter, and has experience working with engineers and other subject matter experts to translate complex concepts or workflows in a way users can easily understand. They are not afraid to ask questions and will advocate for our end users by tracking down the details they need to know. They can work both independently and collaboratively as needed.
- Author and edit technical documentation—including instruction sets, educational content, best practices, etc.—to publish on IBM Docs.
- Author and edit API documentation and developer guides to publish on IBM Developer.
- Ensure all technical content adheres to the technical tone of voice and IBM style guidelines.
- Work with Product Managers and other subject matter experts to identify content needs to support product launches and new feature releases.
- Work with Customer Support Engineers to identify frequently asked questions and feedback to inform technical content development and strategy
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 4 years of relevant experience writing technical documentation for highly-technical products.
- Familiarity with authoring and organizing content in DITA format or similar.
- Proven ability to plan, create, and publish high-quality documentation for a technical audience.
- Proven ability to work cross-team and synthesize feedback from technical and creative stakeholders.
- Ability to adhere to recognize and understand the technical tone of voice, and apply it to written documentation.
- A solid understanding of documentation lifecycles and the development process.
- Experience or comfort with remote communication culture; can facilitate effectively with distributed teams
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Prior experience with DNS, cloud, data center, and network infrastructure technologies.
- Experience with SaaS products.
- Understanding of application delivery and related networking concepts
About Business UnitIBM Software infuses core business operations with intelligence—from machine learning to generative AI—to help make organizations more responsive, productive, and resilient. IBM Software helps clients put AI into action now to create real value with trust, speed, and confidence across digital labor, IT automation, application modernization, security, and sustainability. Critical to this is the ability to make use of all data, because AI is only as good as the data that fuels it. In most organizations data is spread across multiple clouds, on premises, in private datacenters, and at the edge. IBM’s AI and data platform scales and accelerates the impact of AI with trusted data, and provides leading capabilities to train, tune and deploy AI across business. IBM’s hybrid cloud platform is one of the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security, and operations across hybrid environments—a flexible foundation for leveraging data, wherever it resides, to extend AI deep into a business.
Your Life @ IBMIn a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementMust have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and the Crimea, Luhansk, Donetsk, Kherson, and Zaporizhia regions of Ukraine) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, caste, genetics, pregnancy, disability, neurodivergence, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.