Product Management Student – 4 Month Summer Term
City : Waterloo
Category : Software & Systems
Industry : IT
Employer : BlackBerry
Worker Sub-Type:Student (Fixed Term)
The BlackBerry IoT Business Unit combines BlackBerry’s core IoT assets across the company. One of groups within the IoT Business Unit is BlackBerry Radar, which is an innovative service for managing and optimizing fleet operations for businesses in the transportation sector.
The BlackBerry Radar Product Management team is focused on developing asset tracking hardware and software services that will be used by businesses that rent or own railcars, chassis', trailers, and/or cargo carrying containers.
Successful candidates will work towards the common goal of delivering innovative new technologies to ensure BlackBerry Radar delivers on its vision. This role is an opportunity to work as an integral part of the Radar Product Management team. In addition to contributing to the overall strategy within BlackBerry Radar, the Product Management team is responsible for building and driving a roadmap and working with our development team to move technology deliverables through our development process to full lifecycle management.
The candidate will help define the vision and execution of the BlackBerry Radar product roadmap. Key activities will include supporting team members throughout the processes of requirements management, competitive research, data entry, and assisting in product definition with the responsible Product Manager's guidance. The successful candidate will be a key contributor to feature definition, development and delivery of new features and concepts in future technologies and will have the ability to shadow an established Product Manager on the team to learn the "Product Management Trade" and get valuable experience working with different teams globally.
Location: Waterloo, ON
Length of Term: 4 or 8 months
What you will do
- Researching and writing product requirements for current and future BlackBerry software and hardware technologies
- Competitive market analysis of relevant applications, technology, and feature offerings
- Managing the development of technology within the BlackBerry Radar development process - from idea to proof-of-concept stage, including feature definition, implementation, and go-to-market strategy development as required
- Prioritizing work efforts with development, design, and test engineering teams to ensure the right experiences and features are delivered on time and to specification
- Opportunity identification for new BlackBerry software features, applications, and services
- Deep analysis of what features or portions of a feature bring true user benefit and analyze potential trade-offs/risks to implementing new features
Who we are looking for
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or MBA degree with deep technology focus preferred
- Passionate about the customer experience and understanding user needs
- Strong organizational, data gathering and analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Above and beyond
- Deep interest in creating and analyzing products
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Experience in the transportation sector is a considered an asset
Student Life at Blackberry
- Growth Mindset: employees have access to skills training and professional development courses, mentorship programs as well as unlimited access to our on-demand learning platform.
- Commitment to Wellness: employees have access to events that support physical, mental and financial wellness. We host wellness sessions, fitness courses, discounts to local gyms and offer a 24/7 Employee Assistant Program (EAP).
- Highly collaborative teams and a supportive workplace environment, with organization-wide events and a student social committee.
- Employee Perks: we have snack and beverage programs at all locations. Students also have access to discounts for local stores, transportation, restaurants and activities.
See more about the student program at BlackBerry over on our Instagram @BlackBerryStudentLife
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40