City : Calgary
Category : Full-time
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Shaw
A little about us
What we do at Shaw matters - in a world where being connected has never been more critical, we bring the best wireline and wireless technology and solutions together to create exceptional customer experiences. Every day we help millions of Canadians live their best-connected lives through the strength, capacity and combined power of our Fast LTE and Fibre+ networks.
At Shaw we say we’re brighter together, and we believe it’s the diverse mix of brilliant people here that really makes us shine. When you join our team, you’ll see we are so much more than just a company. Shaw connects you with limitless opportunity, an incredible culture, career development and a great benefits package. We are a friendly, collaborative group, and we have a lot of fun finding new ways to delight our customers.
Come dream bigger and brighter with Shaw.
As a Product Development Lead, you will be responsible for bringing new product lines to Shaw consumers in an engaging, functional way. A thorough understanding of how a product or feature works and the impact to our customers are important in this role.
A typical day
• The successful candidate will be a self-starter who can thrive in a strong team environment by working respectfully with all team members and a diverse stakeholder group
• Drives products from conception through to customer launch
• Leads staff trials of all-new video products and features prior to customer release
• Provides key input into determining overall product readiness and minimum viable product (MVP) criteria
• Supports program and project teams across numerous projects as subject matter expert
• Authors key product artifacts
• Supports with transition of accountability to Product Sustainment & Lifecycle Management teams and contributes to go-to-market strategies
• Helps develop and evolve the product roadmap, contributing to the prioritization of key initiatives
• Participates in discussions with vendors and partners to meet objectives
• Demonstrates products and features to various audiences
• Participates in and can embrace change in order to provide clarity to others where there is ambiguity
• 3+ years’ experience in the cable or telecommunications industry in Product Development, Technology, Product Management or Business Development
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering or Marketing preferred
• Knowledge and awareness of the market, industry and competitive landscape
• Entrepreneurial spirit with a track record of understanding customer needs
• Confidence in public speaking is a necessity (Excellent written and verbal communication skills)
• Demonstrated strength in organizational and decision-making skills
• Experience in research, statistic or forecasting an asset
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of the organization
• Strong project documentation and project management skills an asset
• Customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check Closing date : February 16, 2021
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
Subscribe to our newsletter & stay updated