Product Developer – Research and Innovation – 12 Months Contract – Danone Canada
City : See posting on website
Category : Research & Innovation
Industry : Food and Beverage
Employer : Danone Canada
The Product Developer is responsible for the development, implementation, launch and post-launch follow-up of all projects related to the Plant-based and Beverage Creation categories. She/He will be responsible for working on productivity and innovation projects using their knowledge and internal and external relationships. The Product Developer will represent the Research & Innovation (R&I) team among many multidisciplinary projects.
- Represents R&I in multidisciplinary project teams and ensures that the development of new products is within Danone Canada's objectives.
- Is an active participant in productivity projects by generating ideas and implementing them.
- Brings its product development expertise through its experience and with the support of suppliers in order to launch products that represent consumer trends and meet project specifications.
- Ensures that all renovations and product developments comply with all requirements: Claims, regulatory, food safety and industrial property.
- Explore new ingredients and consumer trends in order to apply them to new innovations and renovations
- Updates procedures and systems according to project management methodology (GOOSE) and with R&D tools.
- Supervises a product developer and a technologist and contributes to their development
- Master's degree in food science, chemistry, biology or microbiology (Master’s degree an asset) combined with 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in product development
- French and English (written and spoken)
- Good knowledge of industrial processes
- Good knowledge of statistical tools
- Good project management skills
- Works well in a team and under pressure
- Demonstrates good cross-functional communication skills
- Demonstrates good ability to make a risk assessment and make decisions
- Must be willing to travel up to 20% of the time as needed (Canada, USA)
Danone Canada is a business unit of Danone and operates from headquarter offices in Boucherville, Quebec, and Toronto, Ontario. Danone Canada is the country’s largest consumer-facing B Corporation, demonstrating that the company meets the highest standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. From year to year, Danone is recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for its forward-thinking work environment and was awarded the Parity Certification Women in Governance for our commitment towards gender equality in the workplace. We have 500+ employees across Canada that are engaged and energized to deliver Danone’s mission: Bringing health through to food to as many people as possible, by working on strong brands such as Activia, Oikos, Danone, Silk, International Delight and many others. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone Canada doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to cultural background, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or age. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all our employees share the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect.
Danone Inc. is committed to complying with its obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Danone Inc. will make reasonable efforts to provide accommodation throughout its recruitment process, to the point of undue hardship, and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process. Questions concerning the availability of accommodation in the recruitment process may be forwarded to INFORMATION@danone.com.
Please note that this posting has been written in the masculine form solely to shorten the text. We promote diversity and encourage all people with the skills mentioned in this posting to apply for this position.
Here are some of the reasons why you should join our team:
- Named one of Canada’s Top 100 employers for the 4th year in a row! Certified B Corporation.
- Work Environment: a flexible hybrid model that lets employees work with their managers to design a work model that best suits their needs. Onsite workplace features (flexible and collaborative working spaces, fresh fruits, yogurts, and plant-based products), onsite gym and fitness classes.
- Work Atmosphere: casual dress code, concierge services available throughout the year, employee sports teams, social committee, departmental-led events.
- Benefits & Compensation: retention and performance bonuses at all levels. Core Health plan paid 100% with no waiting period.
- Vacation & Personal Time Off: Danone’s innovative and flexible vacation policy, lets you take as much paid time off as you need. Summer schedule and no-meeting Friday afternoons.
- Training & Skills Development encourages ongoing employee development through a variety of in-house and online training initiatives, mentoring and leadership development programs.
- Community Involvement: founding partner of Breakfast Club of Canada and has worked alongside the organization for 25 years, helping kids develop their potential by giving them regular access to a nutritious breakfast in a comfortable environment.