Product Designer Student – 4 Month Fall Term
City : Waterloo
Category : Software & Systems
Industry : IT
Employer : BlackBerry
Worker Sub-Type:Student (Fixed Term)
A Student Product Designer at BlackBerry works closely with product managers, developers and other designers on the team to help establish a consistent experience for our products. As a designer on the team you will be responsible for designing new user experiences, creating design mockups and specifications. We are looking for either an interaction design specialist, or a hybrid interaction & visual designer. In addition to excellent user interaction and visual design skills, strong candidates should have experience thinking in terms of end-to-end UI design, applying strategic thinking and business goals to designs, focusing on user feedback, and understanding the relation of visual design to the interaction. The Student Product Designer will be responsible for delivering all aspects of the design: initial concepts, wireframes, mockups and final visual designs
- Facilitate product visions by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for digital products
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Participate in the product definition process with Product and Engineering. Drive the clarification of the user tasks and objectives.
- Develop user experience design concepts, wireframes, mockups, usage scenarios, task analysis, prototypes, specifications, navigation maps, style guidelines, and other UX design deliverables.
- Develop expert-level knowledge of competitive and complementary products and bring new ideas to the team.
- Have good understanding of current design patterns and guidelines for both mobile and web and be able to create a coherent cross device experience.
- Help design and maintain design pattern library and components that will used across
- Help ensure that visual design mockups meet the objectives of the user experience
- Be able to articulate and defend design decisions.
- 1-2 years as a Designer, creating excellent experiences that delight the customer.
- Expertise with standard UX design software like Figma
- High degree of creativity and problem solving.
- Exceptional understanding of fundamental design principles.
- Strong conceptual, visual and analytical skills.
- Exceptional, proven leadership, organizational and communication skills.
- Relentless attention to detail and to consistency.
- Ability to collaborate with the larger team.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
- Multi-discipline expertise - great vision, an ability to adapt, information technology and architecture, project management skills, and artistic design.
- A passion for customer satisfaction
- Know a little about everything - workable knowledge in things other than usability, including business, research, visual design, writing, editing, communication, customer service, and other technical skills.
- Passion about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation.
- Familiarity with Security Operations Centers software and how they operate is an asset
- Familiarity with security software EPP, EDR is an asset
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40