Product Designer, Scotiabank
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5A3X5
Category : Manager
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 183341
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Scotiabank has a clear and well-supported mandate to transform the way banking technology is delivered, by reimaging the customer experience, fostering innovation to deliver new digital value propositions and enabling our teams to drive significant changes across the organization and for our customers.
As a Product Designer you have strong skills on both user experience and visual design. You have a strong interest in creating experiences that help our customers navigate their finances through Scotiabank.com and all of our digital properties. You will be able to fit within a collaborative work environment that encourages ideas and contributions from all team members. You care about your craft, have ambition and is self-motivated.
Is this role right for you?
- You will greatly influence experiences that touch 90M+ users every year
- You will produce compelling designs to illustrate concepts
- You will consume and contribute to a design system, and advocate for its usage
- You will understand our users, leveraging rigorous design research and usability principles as well as your intuitive design sense
- You will meticulously consider user interactions and journeys and act as an advocate for the constant improvement of both
- You will act as design owner through conception, build and sites going live
- You will design site experiences that are accessible to ALL users
- You bring a high level of technical acuity with an understanding of front-end technologies; you will need to understand limitations and constraints, as well as when to push boundaries
- You are open, persuasive, engaging and love to have a good laugh – you also know when it’s important to get serious and be a champion for the end-user
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- 2+ years of experience designing responsive web or mobile sites, with an emphasis on the ability to communicate using rapid visual design techniques
- Post-secondary education in interaction design, human factors, HCI, or a closely related field
- A demonstrable portfolio of work (professional and personal) which showcases the projects you’ve worked on and includes examples of your story-telling skills
- Ability to work within a brand and style toolkit with a desire to push existing standards to the next level
- Mastery of Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, along with proficiency in at least one type of prototyping software (InVision, Axure, Proto.io, etc.)
- A positive and resilient personality. You must be able to embrace feedback and have a desire for continuous iteration and improvement
- Comfortable working in a self-guided manner
- Ability to plot and map a user journey from product discovery through enrollment, down multiple engagement routes and through to journey completion
- Comfortable working within tight timeframes and with working creatively within specific constraints
- A demonstrable history of applying design thinking tenants and user centered design principles to challenges at work or in everyday life
- A fast learner who has an appetite to learn what’s behind both simple and complex financial solutions
What's in it for you?
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Allyship - We strive to create an inclusive culture where every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are, and are embraced through bias-free practices and inclusive values across Scotiabank. We embrace diversity and provide opportunities for all employee to learn, grow & participate through our various Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that span across diverse gender identities, ethnicity, race, age, ability & veterans.
- Accessibility and Workplace Accommodations - We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Scotiabank continues to locate, remove and prevent barriers so that we can build a diverse and inclusive environment while meeting accessibility requirements.
- Remote-friendly work environment will provide you with the flexibility to perform at your best.
- Upskilling through online courses, cross-functional development opportunities, and tuition assistance.
- Competitive Rewards program including bonus, flexible vacation, personal, sick days and benefits will start on day one.
- Dynamic Office - Fully equipped gym, showers, games room, bowling alley, micro market, free tea & coffee, universal washrooms, wellness rooms, and lots of space for team collaboration.
- Community Engagement - no matter where you choose to work from; we offer opportunities for community engagement & belonging with our various programs such as hackathons, contests, cooking with friends, Humans of Digital and much more!
Work arrangements: Hybrid
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.