Product Copywriter – Purchasing
City : Saint John
Category : Supply Chain
Industry : Building material and garden equipment and supplies dealers
Employer : J.D. Irving
Product Copywriter - Purchasing
Kent is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada with 48 locations from Saint John, New Brunswick to Corner Brook, Newfoundland and many towns and cities in between. We owe our success to our exceptional customer service, superior selection of home building supplies, and our commitment to protecting our customers and staff by hiring and training associates dedicated to our safety values. Our culture thrives thanks to the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in, our focus on diversity in the workplace, our commitment to our employees through training and development programs and our focus on creating an aligned and engaged workforce across our locations.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Product Copywriter - Purchasing.
The Product Copywriter will write and edit content for a variety of projects working closely with the data related content product catalog team, to brainstorm ideas, develop concepts, and articulate messaging to ensure our product marketing content presents our brand in an accurate and compelling way.
- Compose clear and compelling copy to describe products and update product descriptions.
- Converse with sales, marketing, and other departments to decide the main selling features of products.
- Get additional background and current development information through research and interviews.
- Apply SEO principals to maximize and reach our target
- Check advertising trends, consumer surveys, and other data regarding marketing of products.
- Providing innovative new ideas to make process improvements
- Working closely with our marketing and purchasing department to ensure our content is consistent with the retail brand.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced and collaborative working environment
- Degree or Certificate in Marketing or similar program (University or College).
- Two or more years experience in Product Copywriting or similar role.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Able to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Familiarity with online marking campaigns
- Basic Keyword search knowledge
- Must possess a sense of urgency
- Has a keen eye for detail
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Bilingual in French and English would be considered an asset
- A safe work environment
- Incentive programs
- Employee discount
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Opportunities for growth and career advancement
To Apply for this Career Opportunity: please apply online
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Kent Building Supplies is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.