Producer – Gears of War – The Coalition
City : Vancouver
Category : See Posting
Industry : Technology
Employer : Microsoft
The Coalition is a Microsoft first-party development studio located in Vancouver, Canada. We are the official home of the Gears of War franchise, and our objective is to forge the future of the IP and push the limits of Microsoft’s entertainment platforms and devices. Our team is comprised of creative and technical talent from across our industry and beyond, working cohesively to delight our fan base and pass expectations of what is possible. As a studio, we lead from our values and work together to promote respect and inclusion, a growth mindset and grit, all while putting our team first! Join us and let’s go far together!
The Coalition Studio is looking for a Producer to collaborate with the project team to deliver best in class gaming experiences for our players while hitting quality, schedule, and business targets.
The Producer is responsible for managing one or more multidisciplinary teams composed of artists, designers, and engineers and working directly with the Production Directors to drive features to completion. A key component of this role is to manage the critical dependencies between the groups and solve issues. As part of the Production team, you will be expected to help create and foster a collaborative, inclusive, and high performing work environment. As a Producer, you will create production roadmaps based on backlogs and partner with product owners to establish sprint and milestone goals. You will execute against this plan by working with the leadership team to prioritize deliverables, manage risks, react quickly to challenges, report weekly status, and evaluate their group against deliverable completion and quality success criteria.
- Milestone planning, execution, dependency management, and evaluation of priorities
- Communicating goals to the team and motivating them to execute on time and at a high-quality level
- Proactive risk management and mitigation
- Creating, updating, and presenting status and information to the project leadership team
- Identifying task-related processes to improve efficiency
- Managing inter-team dependencies
- Providing regular capacity plan updates
- Focusing on project development with an emphasis on team empowerment
Bachelor's Degree AND 2+ years experience in production roles in gaming or entertainment industry, or other multi-disciplinary leadership
o OR equivalent experience.
- Experience in development and shipping of at least one gaming product release.
- Minimum of 2 years’ production experience on console products
- Extensive knowledge of production tools (JIRA, Confluence)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- You are customer obsessed and have a desire to provide the best experience to our content creators and our players
- You are comfortable working in modern project management methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, Kanban, etc)
- You are excited to work closely with designers, engineers, and content creators with a focus on empowering the team to problem-solve
- You have managed one or more game cross functional teams through two or more game phases (Pre-Production, Production, Finaling)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.