City : Calgary
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Procurement Specialist - ( 230000GH )
At our core, we are a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing engineering and designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we put the goals of our clients and their communities at the center of everything we create. Join us as we assist mining companies in getting mined materials to communities around the globe.
We are a leader in underground hard rock mining engineering and related technology, serving the largest, deepest, and most technically challenging mines in the world. This is where great ideas and rewarding careers are built.
We are currently seeking a Senior Procurement Specialist experienced in Capital Projects to join our Procurement team. This is a diversified procurement position within Stantec Mining, Minerals and Metals that requires flexibility between procurement support to various mining studies for capital development and actual procurement/expediting support to capital project execution.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Works with Client and Project teams to develop contracting and package strategies, procurement objectives, sourcing criteria, market and supplier evaluations, proposal evaluation criteria and models, and purchase recommendations for materials and services.
- Specific to studies, develop reports to support the study including but not limited to procurement execution plans, estimated cost and lead time reports, logistics and warehousing plans.
- Prepares documentation and conducts events for competitive bids as appropriate which result in the purchase of materials and services from the best evaluated supplier derived from the bid evaluation.
- Manages the full-cycle procurement process for our firm while working closely with the client, colleagues and department leads in Project Management, Estimating, DMDC and Engineering/Design departments.
- Assists with the establishment of identified sourcing and procurement practices and policies.
- Maintains RFP’s (Requests for Proposals) and RFQ’s (Requests for Quotation), proposal evaluation criteria, supplier proposals, match exceptions, requisitions, sourcing strategies, terms and conditions, and purchase/service orders.
- Develops process driven practices and improvements ensuring evaluation of entire process from acquisition to award.
- Reviews cost proposals and pricing information.
- Compares bids from vendors and determines, or assists with determination, to whom contracts will be awarded.
- Evaluates vendor proposals to ensure that all requirements are met.
- Confirms that terms and delivery dates are accurate.
- Evaluates competence of vendors and reviews their invoices for accuracy.
- Maintains Stantec-developed procurement system to track the procurement cycle from receipt of requisitions from engineering to award of purchase orders to vendors, to receipt of materials and equipment on site.
- Maintains database regarding vendors performance and quality of product(s).
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong presentation and organizational skills.
- Strong ability to organize and plan: computer literacy, time management, project planning and project deliverables.
- Business computer skills, such as Microsoft Office Suite Programs (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint), as well as ability to learn and become proficient in using clients’ required software and applications.
- Strong Skills in Procurement fundamentals: buying, contracts, expediting, negotiating and problem solving with attention to detail.
- Sound understanding of procurement practices and policies.
- Ability to multitask, in both capacities of handling multiple clients/jobs/projects and be able to carry out multiple tasks and scalability within each project.
- Must be a self starter and motivated working under minimal supervision.
- Must be growth orientated (both personal, and company growth focused).
- Should be willing to receive direction.
- Should approach things in a positive manner and be a team player.
Education and Experience
- 6 years of experience in Procurement, preferably in the EPC/EPCM environment.
- Professional certification in procurement / expediting or in pursuit of certification.
- Post secondary diploma or degree in Business or equivalent experience.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Sudbury
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-North Bay, Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon
Organization : BC-1695 Mining-CA Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 6, 2023, 7:33:48 AM
Req ID: 230000GH
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans