Procurement Analyst- Mechanical Materials
City : Calgary, AB, CA
Category : Other
Industry : Transportation
Employer : Canadian Pacific
- Req ID: 100651
- Department: Procurement
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Position Type: Non-Union
- Location: Calgary, Alberta
- Country: Canada
- % of Travel: 0-10%
- # of Positions: 1
- Job Grade: 5
- Job Available to: Internal & External
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP. For more on our purpose, culture, and strategy, visit cpr.ca/en/about-cp.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Analyst Mechanical Materials is accountable for daily buying activities to support Mechanical Operations. They are also responsible for the end to end Purchase to Pay business processes including strategic planning, execution, delivery and payment activities. This position will report into the Procurement Manager and will be supporting the Mechanical Business user purchasing for Railcar and Locomotive.
- Manage a procurement portfolio and monitor inventory increases and slow and non-moving inventory to achieve yearly inventory targets
- Monitor daily Material Requirements Planning queue to issue Purchase Orders and fulfil stock based on min/max
- Material master data governance and clean up including min/max review and management, cycle count frequency, applicable asset indicator
- Support customer material requests and coordinate rush requirements for railcar and locomotive held for materials as necessary
- Expedite open POs and internal stock transfer orders, ensuring all open POs and STOs do not remain open after material receipt
- Provide end-user customer support and training on Sourcing to Pay processes
- Maintain ongoing communications with suppliers and vendors regarding costs, quality, quantity, and monitor metrics for on time delivery performance
- Manage and resolve issues regarding PO to invoice discrepancies, returns and quality problems with suppliers.
- Export SAP reports and analyze KPI metrics for continuous improvement
- Coordinate and communicate on various initiatives with other team members and cross functionally
- Collaborate with working teams to define and execute different project initiatives
- Post-Secondary Education preferably a University Degree ( Business, Finance or Engineering an asset);
- At least three years of experience in Procurement and/or inventory management
- Some knowledge of railway industry is an asset;
- Good understanding of supply chain management;
- SAP/ERP experience;
- Microsoft office experience with increased competence in Excel
- Strong analytical skills;
- Ability to multi task and move a variety of initiatives forward at the same time;
- Ability to demonstrate customer service focus;
- Ability to build consensus, influence and resolve conflict.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
- Part-time Studies Program
- Flexible Work Environment
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").