City : Edmonton
Category : Permanent Full Time
Industry : Utilities
Employer : EPCOR
We are hiring a full time, permanent Procurement Analyst position working out of Edmonton, AB.
This is a great opportunity for a team-oriented individual with excellent negotiation and communication skills to grow their Supply Chain Management career in EPCOR’s Electricity Operations. The Procurement Analyst position is the most senior procurement role reporting to the Procurement Manager.
As the Procurement Analyst, you will be accountable for leading the end to end procurement process (from the identification of need through to contract execution and supplier relationship management) within the Electricity Operations’ Procurement team and providing subject matter expertise to the Business Unit. You will achieve compliance with company policies, trade agreements (e.g., NWPTA, CETA, CFTA, etc.) and procurement best practices.
The position will primarily focus on goods related to electricity distribution and transmission systems, professional services and construction requirements utilizing various procurement methodologies. In this role, you will use your experience to lead negotiations within highly competitive industries and to mitigate supply chain issues.
This position may be eligible for EPCOR’s hybrid work program.
What you’d be responsible for
- Providing input to the strategic sourcing plans and direction.
- Ensuring the delivery of optimal results against appropriate Supply Chain Management performance metrics, which include: meeting customer expectations, cost saving/avoidance, operational effectiveness and efficiency (i.e. productivity, quality, reliability, on time delivery of products/services) and employee/customer satisfaction.
- Assisting in the development and use of tools and reporting mechanisms to assist in achieving our objectives.
- Advising stakeholders on procurement procedures, methods and approaches and collaborating to develop sourcing and procurement strategies.
- Facilitating negotiations and serving as the negotiation representative for assigned procurements.
- Establishing and maintaining supplier relationships and contracts including facilitating contract review sessions between internal customers and suppliers.
- Preparing contract documents, coordinating award of contracts and making recommendations to stakeholders and the Manager on whether to award contracts.
- Collecting and analyzing data to develop recommendations to optimize overall cost, delivery and quality for assigned procurement portfolio.
- Advising and making recommendations to stakeholders with respect to potential procurement risks and the purchase to pay processes.
- Assessing competition and market opportunities/threats and recommending plans to address.
- Identifying and developing procurement and contracting strategies to address procurement project needs.
What’s required to be successful
- Two-year post-secondary diploma in Supply Chain Management or a business related field from a recognized educational institute is required.
- A degree in Supply Chain Management or a business related field would be considered an asset.
- 3+ years of experience in category based buying and negotiating contracts or directly related experience within the field.
- Procurement or Supply Chain Management Designation (SCMP, C.P.M. or C.P.P.O.) is preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in:
- Negotiating commercial terms and conditions and competitive bidding laws
- Public procurement processes and awareness of relevant trade agreements
- The application of risk management tools and skills
- The application of vendor management tools and skills
- Interpreting purchasing policy, processes and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Apply competitive bidding law to develop and administer effective bid documents
- Apply contract law and understanding of contract terms and conditions in order to develop agreements that minimize risk and maximize benefits to EPCOR
- Effectively negotiate with vendors and third parties to create value for the business
- Effectively lead the entire procurement process starting with the identification of need through to contract execution and supplier relationship management.
- Demonstrated proficiency with:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, etc.)
- Oracle or similar Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software.
- Bids & Tenders™ or similar web based eProcurement systems.
As the successful candidate, you possess strong verbal and written communication skills and have the ability to present information to a variety of audiences in both formal and informal settings. You are able to exercise influence when working in a cross-functional team and use problem analysis to recommend solutions. You are a team player who shares information and expertise with others to enable them to accomplish group goals and to contribute to the success of the Procurement team.
Other important facts about this job
Hours of work: 75 hours biweekly
Wage: Starting at $47.18 per hour. Final Wage and Step will be determined at the time of selection and based on a combination of factors as outlined in the CA found online.
Application deadline: February 25, 2024
EPCOR employees: please ensure that you are using your “@epcor.com” email address.
Learn more about Working at EPCOR!
Please note the following information:
- A requirement of working for EPCOR is that you are at least 18 years of age, successfully attained a high school diploma (GED, or equivalent level of secondary education) and legally entitled to work in Canada. (A copy of a valid work permit may be required.)
- If you are considered for the position, clearance on all applicable background checks (which may include criminal, identity, educational, and/or credit) and professional reference checks is required. Some EPCOR positions require an enhanced level of background assessment, which is dictated by law. These positions require advanced criminal record checks that must also be conducted from time to time after commencement of employment.
- A technical/practical assessment may be administered during the selection process and this exercise will be used as a part of the selection criterion.
- To meet the physical demands required of some positions, candidates must be in good physical condition and willing to work in all weather conditions. Clearance on pre-placement medical and drug and alcohol testing may be required.