Processing Lead, Operations (Day Shift)
City : Halifax, NS
Category : See posting
Industry : Financial Services
Employer : Symcor
With our exceptional standards in safety and security, Symcor supports banking, wealth management, telecommunications, insurance, payroll, and utility markets with innovative and resilient solutions in payment processing (COR.PAY), customer communications & experiences (COR.CCX) and solutions to aid the prevention of fraud (COR>IQ). We help clients get ahead of an evolving digital world, accelerating their digital transformation through our unique expertise and infrastructure that helps drive efficiencies and mitigate risk industry‐wide.
A proudly Canadian company, Symcor is committed to serving clients through our values of Accountability, Performance, and Integrity.
Join our COR.PAY team!
We can tell you how amazing we are, but our numbers speak for themselves!
• Over 1 billion items digitally archived annually
• 25+ years of experience
• 100% coverage for major FIs for treasury management
For more information, visit www.symcor.ca
Ideal candidates will thrive in this role if they bring prior experience in back-office environments, demonstrating comfort in a production-driven setting with diverse client needs and tight deadlines.
Work Schedule (Full-time, Day Shift):
Mon-Fri 10:am - 6:30 pm
Supports and executes the delivery of production/workflows and schedule to achieve Service Level Standard (SLS) commitments by providing input to the Assistant Manager and deploying resources accordingly, troubleshooting resource issues and reallocating scheduled resources to meet business deadlines/needs. Provides guidance, direction, and instructions to employees regarding process and workflow as needed. Performs operator duties.
What you will do:
• Primary contact, functional support and resource for resolution of operational issues.
• Ensure team completes all cashbooks, general ledger accounts and other financial entries accurately, in balance and deadlines are met.
• Manage and monitor the workflow process and assign work activities to department resources in accordance with work priorities and deadlines.
• Open internal IR (Incident Records) – notify help desk for support (day-to day operations).
• Advise or escalate non-compliance and/or production issues to Assistant Managers.
• Ensure accurate gathering of data for Client Billing Reporting (CBR) and Quality Reporting.
• Tracking of CBR (Client Billing Reporting) volumes.
• Support preparation activities for Statement of Controls (SOC1)/ Client Audits.
• Monitor Symcor’s internal job tracking system for operator.
• Optimize department performance by reviewing processes with managements and providing improvement recommendations.
• Support operators in achieving daily productivity targets through equipment setups, troubleshooting, and ensuring material availability to process applications.
• Responsible for investigations on processing errors and/or accounting differences.
• Identify daily material requirements and order from Stationery department.
• In collaboration with Management, ensure effective schedules are in place including cross training activities and vacation planning.
• Provide backup support for the Assistant Manager as needed to ensure all client requirements are met.
• Continuously improve efficiencies by ensuring all new technology solutions are implemented with minimal impact to the client and department.
• Ensure operators follow Standard Work Instructions (SWIs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) by performing random verification checks.
• Support Assistant Managers by investigating discrepancies related to non-compliance/process control.
• Provide training on procedures, ensuring proper decision techniques, processes are adhered to and equipment is used/handled appropriately, safely and maintained with care.
• Collaborate with management, project and/or operations team members prior to, during and after implementations and/or PAT tests.
• Test new technology and continue to monitor performance
• Validate new processes/guidelines for new or existing clients to ensure production/productivity targets are met.
• The position will need to exchange information, explain situations, and influence others in matters of common interest such as workflow process management or resolution of operational issues, aligned to requirements and business needs.
• Interact with clients and equipment vendors require information sharing and explanation to ensure effective delivery of products and services.
What you need to have to succeed:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 3+ years of related experience
• Intermediate Computer Skills
• Intermediate MS Office
• Communication skills – Responding to emails and phone
• Preferred knowledge of client requirements, process workflows, policies and procedures
• Knowledge of organizational structure
What's in it for you
At Symcor, we define our success by what we help others achieve. We were created to support our clients and, through our products, services, and solutions, protect their brands and help them meet their business needs. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
• Comprehensive Total Rewards Program:
• Competitive compensation package
• Flexible benefits (Health Care, Dental, Life Insurance)
• Pension plan that pays 150%!
• Health & well-being program
• Three annually paid personal days and volunteer day
We foster an inclusive atmosphere of One Symcor with our philosophy of +1 Unique You®, we harness each employee’s uniqueness, different skills, backgrounds, and perspectives to contribute to mutual success. It is the diversity of our people and the inclusive environment that has been and will always be key to Symcor’s success.