Process Owner, Service Asset & Configuration Management (Hybrid)
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5C2V9
Category : Computer Specialist
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 186670
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Looking for a hybrid role? We have the job for you! Our employees in hybrid roles can alternate between work from home & onsite in the office with the details to be determined, based on business needs.
Global Technology Enterprise Platforms (GTEP) is a key technology division of Scotiabank, providing critical infrastructure solutions and support to the bank globally and employing approximately 2000 full-time employees and contractors, across 15 countries.
The IT Service Management (ITSM) department is the centre of excellence responsible for Process, Governance, and operations of key ITSM practices globally.
You will be an integral part of our ITSM Process team, designing, governing, and leading our Configuration Management and IT Asset Management capabilities to allow for effective management and governance of the Bank’s technical topologies, asset inventories and related compliance disposition.
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to help transform our ITSM practice, by driving the adoption of the Service Asset & Configuration Management (SACM) best practices through governance, standards, policies, and education that will drive insights, empower automation, and protect our regulatory posture. You’ll also lead and manage the product roadmap for the related application modules across Service Management tooling.
Is this role right for you?
- You are a skilled influencer and enjoy building relationships across cross-functional teams.
- You thrive on problem solving to design solutions for business problems within your domain.
- You enjoy working with distributed teams to influence strategy, tactics, and execution of configuration management and IT Asset Management.
- You can leverage a strong understanding of enterprise IT infrastructure and applications and their relationships to each other and their business services.
- It’s in your DNA to partner cross-organizationally and drive improvement.
- You are keen to provide strategic insights & practical recommendations.
- You take pride in managing deliverables independently and with a high degree of efficiency.
- You are highly efficient in developing & managing related Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and reporting.
- It’s natural for you to lead teams, either directly or through matrixed relationships.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- You possess strong communication (verbal/written) skills to convey technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences. The same in Spanish is an asset.
- You have at least 5+ years of professional working experience in a senior leadership capacity that focus on IT Service Management. Doing this in the financial services industry, and specifically in the banking sector is highly desired.
- You have at least 7+ years of professional working experience in implementing, leading, and operating Configuration Management and IT Asset Management at or for large organization(s) numbering 50,000+ employees.
- You can demonstrate significant experience in designing/building/operating ServiceNow’s Configuration Management Database (CMDB) & related data model.
- You’re self-motivated, independent, and a strategic thinker.
- You have exceptional analytical, conceptual thinking, and problem-solving capabilities.
- You can adapt to working in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
- You have strong applied knowledge of ITSM disciplines and frameworks, specifically IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
- You must have attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality results.
- You have a university degree, preferably in Engineering, Computer Science, or in a related field.
- At a minimum, you have completed the ITIL Foundation certification, v.3 and/or v.4.
- An asset to have ServiceNow certifications in ITSM and/or SAM and/or HAM and/or Discovery and/or Service Mapping.
What's in it for you?
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success! We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning.
- We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results.
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (pension & Employee Share Ownership), generous vacation; health/medical/wellness benefits; employee banking privileges.
- As a part of our Hybrid Work Model, when required to be onsite, our primary office in downtown Toronto is:
- Renovated with a design focus on enabling collaboration through both environment and technology.
- Located near the TTC’s Line 1 King subway station & is located minutes from GO Transit/VIA Rail hub at Union Station; as well as the TTC’s King 504 streetcar line.
- Just minutes from the Gardiner Expressway & the DVP.
- Home to The Commons, a dining space at Scotia Plaza for employees where breakfast & lunch are served. Also, The Bean serves hot/cold beverages & snacks.
- Directly accessible to The PATH & its many food courts, restaurants, grocery stores, LCBO, hairdressers, pharmacies, gyms, clothing stores & services.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.