LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta (CA-AB)
JOB NUMBER: 29140
Why you should join us:
Do you love working on projects, from the initial scoping of work to the execution of it? In this role, you will be part of defining the future of our in situ developments. As part of an integrated team, you will lead process engineering activities in support of developing business opportunities for new in situ assets including commercial applications of emerging in situ recovery technologies.
You will use your expertise to:
- Design the development of commercial scale in situ recovery facilities utilizing both steam and/or solvent, including central processing facilities, pads/gathering, and infrastructure
- Define scopes of work for both in-house and third party contractor studies/engineering activities (Gate 1, Concept Selection and DBM/Gate 2) and supporting their successful completion - including option development, capex/opex optimization and total life cycle economic evaluation
- Collaborate with key partners (Operations, Sub-surface, Environmental Health and Safety, Execution) to ensure design and project deliverables meet the project objectives
- Develop process basis of design documents, defining class of facilities for process scope
- Identify and evaluate value improvement ideas
- Lead and participate in PHAs
- Prepare and present stage gate materials
We’d like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- Seven years of process engineering experience in the energy and/or resource industry with a Professional Engineering status
- Strong technical knowledge and process skills
- Detailed knowledge of in situ bitumen processing and technologies including the current state of industry
- Experience developing, reviewing and approving P&IDs, key processing engineering deliverables
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Alignment with our values of: safety above all else, respect, raise the bar, commitments matter and do the right thing
- Strong process simulation and hydraulic analysis skills
- An ability to clearly define problems/project objectives, identify and screen options and concisely summarize results/recommendations
- An ability to think “out of the box” to provide fit-for-purpose solutions to difficult problems
- Challenging the status quo and stand behind solid engineering practice
- A continuous improvement mindset and you are able to seek greater knowledge and understanding of the systems, process and hazards in the workplace
Where you’ll be working, your work schedule, and other meaningful information:
- You will work out of our Calgary head office, located in the Suncor Energy Centre at 150 – 6th Ave S.W.
- Hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday
We are Canada's leading integrated energy company with a business portfolio that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing under the Petro-Canada brand. Our global presence offers rewarding opportunities for you to learn, contribute, and grow in a variety of career-building positions. We live by the value of safety above all else – do it safely, or don’t do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on sustainability mean tremendous potential for the future. Learn about our mission, vision and values.
In addition to rewarding job opportunities, we offer an attractive employee package, including:
- Competitive base salary, compensation programs, and an annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Stay connected to us:
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so don't delay, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Business Professionals