City : THUNDER BAY
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Process Engineer - ( 210001IM )
Many of the world’s top engineers and scientists come together in our Water business because they view a community’s interaction with water a bit differently—as a single holistic system, rather than unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. Working throughout the hydrologic cycle, we are delivering sustainable solutions to make sure water is where it should be and available when needed. Our experts guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. Every day, we help communities improve, reuse, and protect this precious resource for future generations. By 2025 we’re hiring 2,000 people (like you) to join our team. Grow with us, H2O+U.
We are seeking a professional and dynamic Process Engineer to join our Water group at our Thunder Bay and Winnipeg locations.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Coordinating projects between Project Managers, technical design staff, CAD staff and others;
- Design of water and wastewater treatment facilities, water distribution and wastewater collection infrastructure, site plans
- Preparation of engineering reports and contract specifications;
- Quantity and cost estimation;
- Providing on-site inspection services for the construction of new water and wastewater treatment facilities, wastewater pump stations, water, and wastewater linear infrastructure;
- Review of shop drawings for compliance with construction contract documents;
- Contract Administration duties including: issuance of field instructions, change orders, payment certificates and other construction administrative documentation;
- Other duties required to fulfill Stantec’s role on this project.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- A minimum of 5 years of related work experience;
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited University and either a registered P. Eng. or the ability to become registered with PEO as a P.Eng. or EIT;
- The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience providing design services and construction administration services on municipal water and wastewater infrastructure projects in the Province of Ontario;
- Demonstrated skill with MS Office is a requirement.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills are required as is an ability to work independently within the bounds of direction provided by the project manager;
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and projects;
- A valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required for this position;
- Travel within Northwest Ontario and Northern Manitoba will be required;
- Willingness to work in a team environment;
- Quick and adaptive learner.
Desirable Qualifications - Work experience in water and wastewater treatment, linear civil/municipal design including water and wastewater infrastructure design, lagoons, roadway infrastructure design; - Work experience in linear civil/municipal construction management and contract administration on treatment facility and/or linear infrastructure projects; - Work experience with First Nation and Municipal clients
Interest in developing technical and/or project management specialization in consulting environment.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering or related field & Licensed Professional Engineer. Minimum of 3-10 years of experience.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Thunder Bay
Other Locations : Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg
Job : Civil Engineer
Organization : BC-1112 Water-CA Prairies & Territories
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jun 21, 2021, 12:59:43 PM
Req ID: 210001IM
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans