Process (CAD/BIM) Team Lead
City : London
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Process (CAD/BIM) Team Lead - ( 230000FN )
Many of the world’s top engineers and scientists come together in our Water business because they view a community’s interaction with water a bit differently—as a single holistic system, rather than unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. Working throughout the hydrologic cycle, we are delivering sustainable solutions to make sure water is where it should be and available when needed. Our experts guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. Every day, we help communities improve, reuse, and protect this precious resource for future generations. By 2025 we’re hiring 2,000 people (like you) to join our team. Grow with us, H2O+U.
Stantec is a dynamic, people-centered environment that has been recognized by Forbes as one of the world’s best employers. Stantec has also been ranked as the fifth most sustainable company in the world (first in North America!) by Corporate Knights. Those achievements, along with our team of brilliant specialists, have helped the Water group to thrive in meeting the water supply and treatment needs for our clients in Mining, Pulp & Paper, Food & Beverage, Power, Oil & Gas, Manufacturing, and the Public Sector is seeking a Process CAD/BIM Technologist Team Lead.
Our team regularly collaborates on projects across North America. The successful candidate should be comfortable working and collaborating on a variety of different projects with team members across North America.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated, team player that is excited about taking on a new challenge. While the successful candidate will be based in one of our Offices located in Burnaby BC, Calgary AB, Edmonton AB, London ON, Ottawa ON, or Winnipeg MB. We do offer flexible hybrid work from home/office arrangements.
Your Responsibilities as Process CAD/BIM Team Lead:
Reporting to the Water Group CAD North American Discipline Lead, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Managing and supervising Process CAD/BIM staff across Canada.
- Coordinate with other Team Leads, Project Managers and North American Discipline Lead to manage your team’s weekly workload.
- Participate in staff selection, training, evaluations, and performance management.
- Participate in staff’s business goals and career development discussions.
- Work under minimal supervision and work closely with the Business Centre Leadership Team to manage multiple water-related projects.
- Perform on technically complex projects and acts as a technical resource by guiding staff.
- Collaborate with PMs and Discipline Leaders to promote work-sharing and import and export personnel as required to deliver projects throughout the business successfully.
- Assign, review and evaluate work for technical accuracy and completeness; and advise on technical problems.
- Preparing engineering drawings with Revit.
- Set up new CAD drawings and Revit project files and maintain file structure for projects. Work with project managers and technical design staff to prepare 3D models and drawings.
- Skillfully work in Revit on 3D projects, including maintaining multiple models, creating views, accurate object placement, and UCS manipulation.
- Create electronic data files in compliance with Stantec and client requirements.
- Coordinating project drawings with project managers, technical staff, and others using collaboration software such as BIM 360 or ProjectWise.
- Completing model reviews and collaborating with other technical disciplines.
- Ensuring that the projects' needs are met in a timely and effective manner.
- Understanding and adhering to Stantec and client standards.
- Organizing and maintaining a design and CAD digital file database for each project.
- Maintain project CAD/BIM standards relating to Revit
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
- A Mechanical Technologist Diploma or equivalent technology diploma/experience.
- Familiarity with water and wastewater treatment disciplines, and/or an educational background in these areas.
- 10 years of related 3D CAD/BIM experience with process mechanical systems.
- Strong communication skills, along with excellent interpersonal and organizational abilities and a willingness to work in a team atmosphere.
- Experience leading and collaborating with design teams.
- Highly organized, have significant attention to detail, able to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments.
- Experience with MS Office Suite including Word and Excel.
- Experience in following considered an asset:
+ Plant 3D
+ Bentley Software
+ Autodesk BIM 360 and ProjectWise
+ Autodesk Recap
+ Microsoft Teams
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Ottawa
Other Locations : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton, Canada-Ontario-London, Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg, Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Organization : BC-1269 Water-Delivery-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Manager
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 30, 2023, 8:55:31 AM
Req ID: 230000FN
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans