Process and Case Analyst Intern (Summer 2024)
City : Ottawa
Category : Interns, Students & Temporary
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Ciena
Ciena is committed to our people-first philosophy. Our teams enjoy a culture focused on prioritizing a personalized and flexible work environment that empowers an individual’s passions, growth, wellbeing and belonging. We’re a technology company that leads with our humanity—driving our business priorities alongside meaningful social, community, and societal impact.
- We’re a company rooted in people—seeking to create a vibrant and inclusive environment, where everyone feels they can belong.
- Accelerate your career path by gaining hands-on experience and exposure to the latest technology. Our interns and graduates work on real projects in real time in world class labs. Be a part of tomorrow’s future – today.
- Mentoring. Networking. Leadership Opportunities. We recognize that the learning doesn’t stop when you leave school - we champion a team environment for development and provide the tools to achieve success.
- We are big proponents of life-work integration. Our people make a big difference at Ciena, but we want to shine light on their differences outside of working hours too. CienaCares supports non-profit causes important to employees by matching employee financial contributions and dedicating time for volunteering.
4 month work term: May - August 2024
How You Will Contribute:
The NOC cases and Engineer dispatches have specific case management and quality guidelines to meet our customer expectations. Auditing the quality across the lifecycle of the incident management process allows the Ciena Managed Services and EDS Team an opportunity to identify gaps between the guidelines and actual execution.
The Process and Case Analyst Intern role will support the audit process by completing auditing activities, providing feedback, reporting and change management of procedures. The analyst will be required to translate and draft subject matter expert and stakeholder discussions into step-by-step processes. Activities conducted by this role will allow Ciena to address the gaps and spot new trends occurring in case/dispatch management.
In this role, you will...
- Monitoring and reporting on process performance.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Support and perform Managed NOC and Engineer dispatch services quality audits.
- Provide feedback to Quality Lead on failed audit cases.
- Suggest enhancements to audit criteria as new trends emerge.
- Coordinate and conduct interviews to gather process outlines.
- Document business processes (ie. current and future state) for business operations and creating high level process workflows.
- Participate in weekly team meetings to provide status updates.
- Configure and customize SharePoint/Teams sites to meet the specific needs of the team’s functions.
- Identify opportunities for enhancing SharePoint site functionality to increase user efficiency.
The Must Haves:
- Interested in business management/analyst concepts & application
- Detail-oriented, analytical, and have a commitment for ensuring the accuracy and quality of data.
- Ability to be self-motivated and work well with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong Microsoft Office skills; Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint skills are required
- Knowledge of Salesforce
At Ciena, we are committed to building and fostering an environment in which our employees feel respected, valued, and heard. Ciena values the diversity of its workforce and respects its employees as individuals. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination.
Ciena is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise Ciena of any accommodation measures you may require.