City : Calgary
Category : Full-time
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Shaw
A little about us
At Shaw, we’re proud to be leaders in a movement that brings Canadians the connectivity they need to fuel their lives. We’re making bold moves to connect Canadians and we’re always on the lookout for go-getters that are committed to disrupting the status quo. Does that sound like you? We’d love to meet you.
The focus for this position is to leverage one’s technical knowledge to help facilitate and synthesize the organization’s plans for wireline and wireless technologies. The role requires collaboration with internal departments and our industry partners. The successful candidate will be required to align plans to a constantly changing technology and market landscape. The position will create and execute strategies that leverage data-based analysis that helps highlight opportunities and key areas of focus. A key requirement for the role is the ability to process large quantities of information and translate it into executive level material.
A typical day
• Work with partners to highlight technology opportunities including DOCSIS, 5G, IoT, Wi-Fi, small-cell etc.
• First hand analysis leveraging big data; perform AI and machine learning to help inform and support key technology decisions.
• Able to utilize strong background in cable access technologies to develop future roadmaps
• Development of wireline and wireless network and evolution strategies
• Development of transport & architectures to support converged network
• Development of long-term forecasting and planning
• Alignment of business and technology plans
• Stay abreast of global activities and the competitive environment to assist in development of roadmaps
• Develop and foster relationships with key technology partners to help understand key strategic directions being explored
• Produce strategic documentation and presentations at a senior executive level
• Collaboration with departments through wireline and wireless business units
• Minimum of 5 years of directly related wireline and wireless strategy development
• Minimum of 10 years of cable access industry experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science
• Ability to transform sophisticated technical content into engaging easy to comprehend material
• Engaging and dynamic presenter
• Creative problem solver, able to find multiple avenues to achieve results
• Ability to be successful in a dynamic, disruptive and transformational organization
• Ability to collaborate with multiple teams
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
Subscribe to our newsletter & stay updated