Principal Software Engineer – Canada
City : Vancouver
Category : See Posting
Industry : Technology
Employer : Microsoft
Microsoft is embarking on a new effort to address the growing need for employee experience worldwide. Microsoft Viva is an employee experience platform that brings together communications, knowledge, learning, resources, and insights in the flow of work. We are building a product suite designed to address the fundamental shift in how people learn and grow in their workplace. We are looking for team members who are excited to join us on this journey to enable organizations to foster a culture that empowers people and teams to be their best from anywhere. Employee engagement is undergoing a fundamental shift in response to economic, demographic, and societal changes. People want to be excited about their work, be connected to their company culture, understand how to succeed, and feel supported across a spectrum of onboarding, skilling, coaching and mentoring. Our team is committed to examining the employee journey and delivering software and services to improve it.
We are looking for Principal Software Engineers for the Viva Employee Experience team. You will be responsible for owning and building org-wide new initiatives and horizontal features that span multiple modules in the Microsoft Viva Product Suite. You will This job has the option to be in Vancouver, BC or remote. The Employee Experience team is run as a start-up, encouraging team members to share a sense of "founderism". Team members engage directly with customers, iterate rapidly, and focus on solving the needs of employees around the world. Our culture is inclusive, casual, and high energy. Our team celebrates diverse backgrounds and values passion for serving our customers. Our team has a strong sense of accountability and provides its members with learning and career growth opportunities.
If all of this sounds exciting to you, we would love to hear from you.
- Define, design, and deliver experiences from incubations stage to maturity with customer trust and user delight
- Be a role model for engineers in your team
- Create clarity and take ownership of architecture decisions working with partners and customers
- Develop and release new modules and horizontal features for the Viva Product Suite
- Work with our product and design team to implement intuitive and engaging user experiences.
- Define and build systems and strategies to ensure quality, performance, simplicity, durability, scalability, and maintainability
- 10+ years of demonstratable software development experience.
- 10+ years of experience with C#, C++, Java, Python or equivalent programming language.
- Proven track record architecting and developing robust and extensible solutions.
- Comfortable with a fast-paced environment and a high level of ambiguity.
- Strong technical abilities around design, coding, rapid prototyping, debugging, and problem-solving
- Excellent verbal, written and cross-group collaboration and communication skills
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent field experience
- Experience working with distributed systems/microservices architectures
- Ability to work on cross-platform code
- Commitment to deliver the best experience for customers
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.