Principal Acoustics Software Developer
City : Burnaby
Category : Software & Systems
Industry : IT
Employer : BlackBerry
BlackBerry QNX is seeking a talented and motivated individual with software development experience in embedded audio, or automotive signal processing for the full-time role of Principal Acoustics Software Developer. The acoustics team at BlackBerry QNX is a market leader in embedded software for automotive audio systems, with products deployed in over 100 million vehicles worldwide. Our customers include many well-known automakers and Tier 1 suppliers. We develop, integrate, tune and license software libraries for full-duplex echo cancellation and noise reduction for hands-free calling, in-car communications, active noise control, engine sound synthesis, media playback optimization and chimes generation and monitoring. We also offer a low-latency audio framework for QNX RTOS, called the QNX Acoustics Management Platform.
The QNX Vancouver acoustics team is a group of highly skilled professionals that come from a variety of backgrounds. We are responsible for the full spectrum of development, ranging from identifying a new acoustic technology, researching potential approaches, converting it into real-time capable code, creating customer releases, running release testing and finally supporting our acoustics solutions with our OEM and Tier 1 end customers.
You must be comfortable wearing many hats and able to work in a changing environment. Your projects will be appropriately based on your skill level, and aligned with company goals and priorities. If you are proactive, inquisitive, energetic, and confident to try new things and are looking for a tight, agile and audio focused team then we have the ideal job for you.
With the right candidate the position could involve leading a small development team.
- Design and implementation of real-time audio services.
- Porting of acoustic algorithms to new architectures and frameworks.
- Performance analysis and optimizations of signal processing algorithms and tuning connectivity solutions.
- Maintenance and extension of existing code using C/C++.
- Testing and automated test development
Essential Skills And Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or equivalent.
- 5 years or more experience in software development using C / C++, with embedded experience an asset.
- Solid background in audio frameworks.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- High degree of motivation and ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills. Ability to separate core from secondary issues.
- Evidence of innovativeness—new algorithms, new approaches, thinking creatively
- Development of a commercially released embedded-systems product.
- Experience leading a team of developers or mentoring colleagues.
- Experience programming in QNX or Linux/Android embedded environment.
- Development experience with Qualcomm Hexagon aDSPs or mDSPs.
- Experience with Python.
- Experience with MISRA or ASPICE.
- Ability to support OEM and Tier 1 customers, both in pre-sales and after-sales support roles.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40