Preservation and E-discovery Specialist
City : Houston, NY, US, 10281
Category : Paralegal and Legal Assistant
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 170358
Cost Centre: NEW YORK AGENCY GENERAL
Employee Referral Program – Potential Reward: $3,500.00
Salary Range: 82,400.00 - 153,000.00
Please note that the Salary Range shown is a guideline only. Salary offered may vary based on factors, including, but not limited to, the successful candidate’s relevant knowledge, skills, and experience.
We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you continue your career at Scotiabank.
Contributes to the overall success of the U.S. Legal Department with responsibility for supporting litigation and employment counsel on all aspects of preservation and e-discovery issues affecting the Bank's U.S. Global Banking & Markets business.
- Manage identification, preservation, collection and processing of electronically stored information in response to internal and external investigations, litigations, and other inquiries related to the U.S. Global Banking & Markets business.
- Implement legal holds, in consultation with U.S. litigation and employment counsel, and work with custodians to identify relevant documents.
- Liaise with the enterprise preservation and e-discovery teams and assist with scoping data requests and providing status updates throughout the process to U.S. counsel.
- Coordinate on preservation and e-discovery processes and best practices with IT system owners.
- Assist with processing ESI for internal reviews and creating review sets.
- Coordinate with external counsel and e-discovery vendors on transfer of data.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to preservation and e-discovery processes.
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of best practices and trends in industry and prepare proposals for improvements.
Education and Experience
- 4+ years relevant litigation support and preservation and e-discovery experience at a large law firm and/or e-discovery vendor and/or in-house
- Experience managing full e-discovery lifecycle, including forensic technologies, techniques and workflows
- Experience in financial industry and with cross-border discovery issues
- Bachelor’s degree
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of enterprise technologies
- Knowledge of ESI data processing, review and data hosting platforms
- Ability to work independently and balance multiple priorities
Location(s): United States : Texas : Houston || United States : New York : New York City
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note: All postings in me@Scotiabank will remain live for a minimum of 5 days.