Pre-Commissioning Electrical Coordinator
City : Kitimat, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
Reporting to the Pre-commissioning Lead, and working in conjunction with the Pre-commissioning Mechanical, Instrumentation and controls Lead, Mod Yard Pre/-Commissioning Managers, Site Construction Instrumentation Supervisors and Commissioning Supervisors, the Pre-commissioning Electrical Coordinator is accountable for the planning and oversight of all Electrical pre-commissioning activities for the LNGC facility. The Pre-commissioning Electrical Coordinator is a key member of the Pre-commissioning Leadership Team which will work together to lead a flawless with a focus on safety and quality to meet all delivery targets.
• Play an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work performed
• Evaluate pre-commissioning deliverables at module / assembly yards (inspection, quality checks, etc.)
• Define Site Electrical pre-commissioning scope with regards to module fabrication yards, construction, and commissioning
• Interface with the Turnover and completions team to provide direction on correct work assignments in the Completion System
• Identify and plan the field execution work packages for implementation.
• Develop detailed plans, procedures and instructions at the early stages of the project, and manage the process through to implementation
• Review project schedule and assist with the development of the detailed integrated facility Electrical pre-commissioning schedule to support project milestones
• Refine / validate the Electrical pre-commissioning manpower estimate
• Establish detailed execution strategies/plans for Unit Pre-Commissioning:
o Electrical pre-commissioning program, including testing of switch gear, cable tests, motor bump and runs, EHT testing, etc
• Coordination of Electrical Contractor, Pre-comm contractors
• Assist with the creation/validation of all detailed Electrical pre-commissioning procedures
• Ensure pre-commissioning Contractor personnel are in compliance with pre-commissioning test procedures across all disciplines
• Ensure all pre-commissioning ITRs are properly completed in a timely manner and promptly returned to the Turnover team.
• Excellent understanding of LOTO, Permit to Work and site safety requirements during the energized testing in the pre-commissioning phase
• Develop and issue Notice of Energization as required prior to the start of energized pre-commissioning activities
• Assist with the development of equipment SAT strategies as supported by the pre-commissioning team
• Report discipline progress against scheduled activities
• Other duties as assigned.
• Functional knowledge of all areas of plant/facility preservation, pre-commissioning, turnover, commissioning, operations and/or maintenance technology.
• Communicating and interacting with employees at all working and management levels.
• Effective management of large volumes of data and documentation.