Practice Solutions Manager
City : Regina
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Practice Solutions Manager - ( 220002PD )
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
The Practice Solutions Manager Buildings Digital Practice will be responsible for the assessment, inventory, maintenance, documentation and support of our practitioners and all technology and licensure for all disciplines within the Buildings BOU; all content, applications, subscriptions, certifications, usage, and end user support that are managed by the Buildings BOU. This role will liaise with corporate IT and PTSG and serve as a resource to represent DP and Buildings global, regional and local leadership to organize, influence, support and advance the use of technology for this BOU.
General Position Summary/Job Scope
- Collaborate with Digital Practice leadership to ensure high quality service delivery and ongoing support of our practitioners in the execution of Buildings core business.
- Responsible for establishing operational plans and the identification and mitigation of potential risks to those plans which ultimate serve to support Buildings current and future business needs.
- This role will liaise with IT and PT stakeholders to ensure effective utilization of resources and the successfully delivery of practice specific applications; planning, messaging, training, rollout, and subsequent support of all applications.
- Must be able to identify, assess, and prioritize meaningful strategic opportunities in support of Buildings initiatives and objectives and subsequently develop people, processes, and underlying technologies to deliver on those opportunities.
- Provide supervision and oversight of personnel in the Buildings Infrastructure/Support Digital Practice team (this includes our tier 3 support structure and services).
- Effectively leverage new and emergent technologies in support of Buildings practice and innovation efforts.
- Core focus to provide consistency of product and process in support of Buildings design delivery.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities
- Works with Digital Practice leadership, IT and PT to orchestrate and manage Buildings owned software; purchase, implementation, release, and rollout of practitioner leveraged software.
- Serve IT, PTSG, DP and Buildings local and regional leadership as a resource and partner to develop training and messaging in support of managed office, coordination, storage, design, analysis, drafting, and modeling software.
- Represents Buildings interest with IT and PT in the planning and implementation of additions, deletions, and major modifications to supporting technologies (includes mergers and acquisitions).
- Keep abreast of industry best practices for all associated software.
- Stay informed of changes in the marketplace to software and technology updates as it relates to Buildings business and practice.
- Responsible for documentation, development, implementation, enforcement of Buildings specific software management (digital and physical asset tracking).
- Create written technology evaluations and budgets for future technology adoption that aligns with corporate goals; partnering and guiding our BC leader with regards to budgeting, priority, investment, etc.
- Participates in all programs and enforces all policies relating to performance evaluations and career development planning.
- Report regularly on current state of all Buildings Infrastructure projects.
- Responsible for the coordination (and potentially the development) of regular training for Buildings practitioner core technology; including but not limited to Newforma, iPads, Surface technology, etc. and general user education/awareness – i.e. Social Engineering awareness.
- Provide annual goals and quality reviews of Infrastructure team members to improve the quality of the team.
- Active involvement in the greater AE IT community
- Support our team members/practitioners via regular engagement and consistent communication.
- Enforces standard company policies and procedures.
- Oversee and support of practitioner needs via Buildings specific service and support system.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Knowledge of the unique technology needs of the Buildings Architectural and Engineering (A/E) practice
- Knowledge of hardware, administration, and licensing as required to support computer-aided drafting, BIM, quality assurance, project management, and design applications specific to the A/E industry.
- Demonstrated ability to hire, actively manage, and develop team members.
- Ability to think strategically and act tactically.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to independently manage multiple priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work within all levels of an organization.
- Expert level Microsoft product user; Office365 Suite including Visio and Project
- Functional knowledge of P6 and Oracle.
- Functional knowledge of common industry products; Bluebeam, Newforma, Sketchup, and ProCore at a minimum.
Education and Experience
- 4 year degree.
- 15 years experience preferred.
- 10 years experience supporting the unique needs of the AE industry required.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Other Locations : Canada-Saskatchewan-Regina, Canada-Nova Scotia-Halifax, Canada-Ontario-Toronto, Canada, Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-Alberta-Edmonton, Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon
Job : Information Technology Management
Organization : BC-1454 Buildings-National-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Aug 2, 2022, 8:05:34 AM
Req ID: 220002PD
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans