Postdoctoral Fellow – Agricultural Mechanized Systems
City : Halifax
Category : Other
Industry : Education
Employer : Dalhousie University
• Work on several applied and basic research projects pertaining to precision agriculture technologies in agriculture production systems.
• Develop computer software for real-time variable rate agrochemical delivery systems (variable-rate sprayer and spreader), automated wild blueberry harvesting system, and deep learning machine vision technology (including mobile phone app development).
• Must be able to work individually and cooperatively as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
• Involve in both laboratory and field plot experimentation throughout eastern Canada.
• Collaborate with various industry partners, producer organizations, researchers from other institutions and extension specialists throughout Eastern Canada.
• Expect to assume a role in research, technology transfer, and undergraduate and graduate student training.
• Maintain an open and active relationship with the contributing partners of this initiative and must possess a high level of integrity.
• Must demonstrate research productivity through multiple yearly publications in relevant refereed journals and through the dissemination of results at scientific, industry, and producer meetings.