Ports & Marine Terminals Lead – Atlantic Canada
City : DARTMOUTH
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Ports & Marine Terminals Lead - Atlantic Canada - ( 230002TQ )
Our Ports and Marine Terminals group is currently made up of teams spread across North America, including Vancouver, Montreal, Halifax, New York, Tampa, and Boston. The group provides services for all phases of a project's life cycle, from planning through decommissioning to detailed design, construction, and operation. Our many achievements include container terminals, oil and gas facilities, dry bulk ports, marinas, coastal structures, wharves, jetties, naval facilities, and cruise terminals.
The role of Ports & Marine Terminals Lead is responsible for leading and implementing the strategic business plan to grow the market sector across Atlantic Canada including Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, PEI and Newfoundland plus the eastern Arctic. The primary area of strategic focus are major port cities but also small coastal communities. The position requires the ability to build and nurture existing Stantec client relationships as well as acquire new client relationships in this market sector. This individual will work closely with the local and regional leaders along with the sector leadership to implement a full strategic plan.
This role is responsible for Business Development and Service Delivery, and acts as the Project Executive when necessary.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for project pursuits and client relationship management.
- Works collaboratively with Marketing to secure new clients and new work, including the preparation of proposals, interviews, and presentations.
- Responsible for the overall performance of projects including service, revenue, and quality.
- Contributes to the completion of plans and specifications for the construction, renovation or improvement of marine structures and port facilities.
- Ensures the coordination of engineering activities in the context of various local or out of region port projects.
- Works collaboratively with office and operational leadership to achieve effective staffing which supports the needs of clients and projects.
- Leads the recruitment of new Ports & Marine Terminals staff.
- Acts as an internal and external ambassador for the firm.
- Engage with peer teams in Ports & Marine Terminals across the organization.
- Identify/recommend/advocate resources and strategies needed to meet business goals, training and professional development opportunities, resource gaps, and strategic partnering with clients, developers, consultants, and strategic hires.
Your Capabilities and Credential
- Experience with responding to Requests for Proposals, Expression of Interests, Statement of Qualifications.
- Demonstrated technical skills on major projects and in particular marine structures including wharves, piers, and jetties.
- Strong business development skills, including significant experience building and maintaining productive relationships with a client base.
- Exceptional leadership, communication, and team-building skills.
- An entrepreneurial orientation with strong understanding of the business development challenges of a consulting-services provider.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Education and Experience
- Degree in Engineering with professional engineering registration/license in Canada.
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in port and marine terminals design working with multidiscipline teams on a wide variety of Ports & Marine Terminals projects including a variety of marine structures.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Nova Scotia-Dartmouth
Other Locations : Canada-New Brunswick-Saint John, Canada-New Brunswick-Fredericton, Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador-St. John's
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1636 Transpt-CA Ontario East & Atlantic
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jul 17, 2023, 5:20:14 AM
Req ID: 230002TQ
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans