Portfolio Specialist – Multi-Asset Management
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5C2V9
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 178675
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Portfolio Specialist – Multi-Asset Management
Location: Travelling required, position based out of Toronto or Ottawa but we'd also consider applicants outside of these two cities.
Purpose of Job:
Deliver high touch and persuasive support to increase advisor knowledge, adoption and penetration of Multi-Asset Management products and solutions.
As a member of Multi-Asset Management Team, an investment team at 1832 Asset Management, the Portfolio Specialist’s primary role is to support financial advisors who manage client portfolios using the funds, portfolios, and strategies (“Investment Mandates”) under the management of Multi-Asset Management.
Using your investment expertise, industry, product and channel knowledge and internal training, you will work closely with the Multi-Asset Management team to develop and deliver timely and relevant support for use by financial advisors.
The primary responsibility of the Portfolio Specialist Multi-Asset Management is to promote the benefits of Multi-Asset investments to advisors and support growth in assets under management. This is to be accomplished through the delivery of sales tools, specialized knowledge, competitive/performance positioning and timely product insights that reinforce the value of Multi-Asset investments.
The incumbent will work closely with portfolio managers and analysts and is expected to have a strong understanding of portfolio construction techniques and in-depth knowledge of multiple asset classes, strategies and capital markets.
In addition, the incumbent will work closely with marketing managers on the development of client focused sales programs.
The Portfolio Specialist is responsible for the following:
- Generate increased sales from new and existing advisors by delivering compelling tools, persuasive advice, and proactive support. This will be accomplished though in branch meetings, regular telephone contact, customized training programs.
- Establish and maintain a trusting relationship with advisors, while establishing oneself as the Multi-Asset Management expert.
- Develop and maintain an advisor segmentation strategy to track their ability and motivation to sell Multi-Asset Management investment solutions and develop creative solutions to increase adoption and deepen penetration.
- Create and conduct advisor appreciation events and recognition.
- Champion all opportunities to enhance product knowledge and expertise with advisors
- Establish a feedback loop with marketing and communications function to ensure advisor feedback is captured, prioritized, and actioned as required. Communicate and partner regularly with marketing managers and other leadership on sales targets, ongoing promotional campaigns, themes and new product launches or enhancements.
- Prepare and deliver the annual Multi-Asset Management sales plan.
- Assist advisors with direct-to-client sales opportunities. This may include presenting at a local event or training local staff to deliver such presentations.
- Liaise with compliance to ensure that sales program and concepts are in-line with industry compliance standards.
Education & Experience:
- University degree
- CIM, CFP and/or CFA designations preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Bi-lingual in French and English strongly preferred
- Thorough understanding of the financial/capital markets including total portfolio management, mutual funds, separately managed accounts, hedge funds, private equity and other investment vehicles
- Strong communication skills – effective in communicating new ideas orally and in writing to various audiences; strong persuasion skills; good listening skills
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to build strong relationships and thrives in a collaborative environment; facilitates discussions and debate, and nurtures collaboration.
- Self-starter, who is achievement orientated, with high degree of client focus, professionalism, and integrity.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a team-oriented environment, under pressure and with time-sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to reprioritize projects, multi-task, and quickly adapt to changing priorities.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.