Portfolio Manager specialized groups
City : Montreal
Category : Regular Full-time
Industry : Finance
Employer : National Bank
A career in the Specialized Groups of the Commercial & Private management sector is an opportunity to work with the best players in the sectors of Technology & Innovation, Health, Agri-food, Creative Industries, Professional Firms and Transport in all their financing projects ($1 to +$200M).
As a Portfolio Manager – Specialized Groups, and in collaboration with your colleagues, you play a leading role in the strategic support of companies across Canada. Your varied and complex tasks will allow you to quickly become a trusted advisor to companies that are transforming the world.
- Play a consulting role aligned with client needs by leveraging your high-level professional knowledge and experience
- Achieve clients' business objectives by proposing financial strategies based on an optimal combination of specialized financing products
- Participate in the development of sector-specific funding strategies and guidelines in support of VPAs.
- Support account managers and senior managers during the implementation of new financing files and at all stages of monitoring and renewal of a file
- Identify financial risks to the Bank with respect to financing and make recommendations to reduce or eliminate them
- Participate in the preparation of files including the analysis and establishment of financing structures for companies
- In some cases, in collaboration with the account manager, participate in preliminary meetings as well as the presentation of financing sketches to clients
- Participate in negotiations with internal stakeholders (legal advisors, credit department, syndication service, etc.) and external stakeholders (legal advisors, other financial institutions, customers, prospects, etc.)
- Use credit risk and profitability assessment tools to ensure compliance with funding and risk management policies and standards.
- Completed bachelor's degree, related to the industry, and 7 years of relevant experience OR completed Master's degree, related to the industry, and 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience in complex trade credit, acquisition loans and knowledge of business products and services
- Experience analyzing developed financial models
- Experience in customer service, negotiation and business development
- Ability to manage priorities and timelines
- Interpersonal skills and team player
- Bilingualism both orally and in writing (French and English), essential because you will be working with partners across Canada
Preferred competencies :
- Knowledge of capital market debt instruments an asset
- Experience in syndicated financing an asset
In addition to competitive compensation, upon hiring you’ll be eligible for a wide range of flexible benefits to help promote your wellbeing and that of your family.
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Initiatives promoting community involvement
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are a few of the benefits available to you. We have an offer that keeps up with trends as well as your needs and those of your family.
Our dynamic work environments and cutting-edge collaboration tools foster a positive employee experience. We actively listen to employees’ ideas. Whether through our surveys or programs, regular feedback and ongoing communication is encouraged.
We're putting people first :
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Ready to live your ambitions?