Portfolio Management Consultant
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Customer Service | Client Advice | Sales
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the Opportunity?
In this role, you will provide insight and advice on portfolio management best practices, linking conceptual strategies of trading and rebalancing portfolios. You will assist teams in making knowledgeable decisions and analysis of business practices related to RBC DS discretionary programs (A+ and PIM). You will support desktop applications related to discretionary platforms at RBC Dominion Securities, with the goal of arriving at solutions to avoid trading issues/errors, and growing a scalable business.
What will you do?
You will train teams on the use of technology that may increase workflow efficiencies, and coach them on how to better utilize our existing systems in order to optimize their various processes. You will add value by offering subject matter expertise related to manager selection, asset location, technology tools, asset allocation, etc. Further, you will trouble shoot issues that arise from the universe of teams you will support.
- Proactively and reactively conduct one-on-one meetings with teams to determine their investment philosophy and implementation strategy.
- Educate teams on the best ways to incorporate UMA strategy into their business, as appropriate
- Build and maintain relationships with new and existing Discretionary Advisors and their teams within Dominion Securities.
- Discuss best practices regarding Investment Policy Statements, asset mix monitoring, quarterly reviews, review processes, service plans, etc. to assist in streamlining their investment process and operations.
- Discuss ongoing management of the book for new clients, multiple legal registrations within the same household, withdrawals or deposits for existing clients, changes in asset mix for a client, or tactical or geographic asset class changes.
- Assist new employees /competitive recruits in becoming familiar with trading and management platforms (TradeLink, ClientLink, A+ Desktop, TAC, etc).
- Help teams modify their investment management philosophy when necessary and liaise with the Managed Solutions Group, the Portfolio Overlay Team and the Portfolio Advisory Group, gathering feedback and suggestions for modeling and portfolio management improvements.
- Lay the groundwork to build scalable Unified Managed Household tools (A+) for both discretionary and non-discretionary advisors.
- Outline how to move forward and deal with every day transactions; withdrawals, deposits, currency conversions, etc., and help set up their book to get it ready for modeling and bulk trading, and assist with training on integration into our discretionary platform.
- Perform in person group training/sessions on the advantages of the discretionary platforms (PIM and A+)
- Prepare and conduct both in person and virtual training for groups of RBC DS employees on the tools to support the Discretionary Platforms
- Members of this team will be responsible for covering a set of branches/region and will be expected to travel to their set region at frequent intervals.
- A minimum of 5 years in the financial services industry, preferably with Dominion Securities
- Strong interpersonal skills (empathetic listener, coach, and negotiator) and strong communication and presentation skills. Comfortable meeting new people, engaging with them, and building those relationships.
- Driven, eager to learn and thrives in a high-performance environment.
- CFA Level 1 or CIM, or, strong and proven understanding of discretionary money management.
- Willingness to travel (mix of either day trips or flights)
- Advanced computer skills, with emphasis on Excel.
Nice to Have
- Fluency in French (spoken and written).
- Ideal candidate would have background in Dominion Securities Retail branch environment, preferably with a discretionary team (3+ years’ experience) including processes, technology, products & services. Familiarity with portfolio management concepts/techniques preferred.
- Ability to analyze, prioritize and adjust to multiple demands. Good problem solving skills and customer service focus required.
- Must thrive at managing change in both a team and independent environment.
- Enjoys traveling for work.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Flexible work/life balance options.
- Opportunities to do challenging work.
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.