Portfolio Delivery Manager, HR/Payroll
City : Dartmouth
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Portfolio Delivery Manager, HR/Payroll - ( 230003EH )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works behind the scenes to support operational excellence. Our functional services teams (FSTs) provide services to 22,000 employees in over 400 locations worldwide. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger.
The HR/Payroll Portfolio Delivery Manager, Business Experience is responsible for aligning the delivery of initiatives within the HCM portfolio to the strategic priorities and objectives managed by the HR/Payroll Solution Delivery Leader. Leveraging strong business acumen, communication and portfolio management skills, you will work closely with key stakeholders to transition business needs from the backlog into programs/projects based on priorities and available resources; and maintain oversight on overall progress, scope, dependencies, issues, and risks of the programs/projects within the portfolio.
- Under direction of the HR/Payroll Solution Delivery Leader and in collaboration with key stakeholders, planning the roadmap and implementation strategies for initiating and executing programs/projects.
- Working with the Director, Project Management Office (PMO) to assign the appropriate Program/Project Managers to initiate and manage the program/project.
- Providing strategic oversight to Program/Project Managers to maintain alignment of the program/project objectives, priorities, and dependencies within the portfolio.
- Managing portfolio-level risks/issues that have been escalated from key stakeholders and/or Program/Project Managers.
- Updating key stakeholders on status of initiatives across the portfolio to ensure overall awareness and expectations are managed.
- As a member of the Portfolio Management Team (PMT), work with the other Portfolio Delivery Managers for other domains to actively manage cross-portfolio issues, risks, and dependencies.
- In close partnership with key stakeholders, the Organizational Change Management team, and HR/Payroll Solution Delivery Leader, overseeing the change management strategies & plans of the programs/projects holistically across the portfolio.
- Validating that project objectives are being met and factoring in lessons learned into overall improvements in our delivery practice and processes.
Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong understanding of HR practices and processes.
- Excellent organizational skills; this position requires the ability to aggregate and relay information on multiple programs and projects using multiple sources and varying techniques.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; this position requires a high degree of interaction with functional managers, business stakeholders, and senior leadership and the ability to understand and translate technical aspects of programs/projects into relatable information that resonates with those individuals.
- Large ERP system experience is preferred.
- Understanding of Agile delivery practices.
- Dynamic, adaptable to change and enjoys working in a challenging and collaborative environment.
Education and Experience
- Several years of progressive experience in managing projects, programs and portfolios in a complex environment involving business system enhancements/implementations and business process improvement initiatives.
- Project management certification (PMP) preferred.
- Significant experience collaborating with executive leadership.
- Experience working in a large public company is preferred.
- Complex, global company requiring continual changes to meet the needs of a growing, evolving business.
- Matrix based organization with multiple leadership areas covering functional, regional, and corporate business areas.
- Fast-paced environment with many, often competing, projects and priorities.
- Project-driven environment requiring the ability to prioritize and coordinate activities.
- Highly collaborative environment requiring contributions to idea generation and problem solving.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations : Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg, Canada-Nova Scotia-Dartmouth, Canada-Ontario-Toronto, Canada-Saskatchewan-Regina, Canada-Ontario-Waterloo, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Organization : BC-1310 Business Experience-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Aug 18, 2023, 2:23:07 PM
Req ID: 230003EH
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans