Portfolio Administrator (Hybrid) – Toronto
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5J2M4
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 167999
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Wealth Management - Asset Management Operations
This position is hybrid and requires working from our Toronto downtown location 2-3 days a week.
Purpose of Job:
The Portfolio Administrator will act as a subject matter expert in various functional areas including, but not limited to: Derivative processing and settlements, collateral management, reconciliations, and administrative functions related to account setups and documentation such that he/she can respond to and resolve internal / external inquiries, at multiple levels of complexity.
The Portfolio Administrator will provide day-day support for middle office functions by ensuring post trade activities are monitored and/or administered in a timely and efficient manner.
Accountabilities for the role include functional activities that span different mandates within the Portfolio Administration team. The expectation is to have all team members become familiar and proficient in various processes in order to be able to support the team during high volume periods and/or vacations or illnesses.
1. To ensure the efficient and effective handling of operational / administrative transactions and processes by:
- Ensuring that any potential risk to the business is acted upon in a prompt and informed manner to alleviate errors and reduce firm exposure.
- Provide daily coverage on the Derivatives desk, supporting the Assistant Manager with processing and reconciliations of Swaps, Options and Futures
- Ensuring account information is accurate in the systems and on daily/weekly/monthly reports via timely reconciliations between system and external data sources.
- Using your analytical skills and sound decision-making methodology to make appropriate business decisions.
- Participating in the review of processes to improve efficiencies, reduce cost, and mitigate risks (financial and reputational).
- Participating in the testing and implementation of operational enhancements.
- Ensure deadlines are met and appropriate escalations are in place.
- Adhering to departmental and company policies and procedures, ensuring compliance.
- Performing ad hoc duties as assigned.
2. To actively collaborate with internal staff and interdepartmental support departments to ensure business needs are met by:
- Providing support to interdepartmental staff as required.
- Actively participating in team learning, development and team performance activities including team meetings and coaching sessions.
- Obtaining, and forwarding outstanding documentation to appropriate department(s) to ensure transactions are completed efficiently and accurately.
- Investigating and following up on inquiries as required.
- Collaborating with compliance, legal, portfolio managers, traders, etc. as required.
- Liaising between external counterparties (brokers, custodians, etc.) and internal departments as it relates to portfolio administration activities.
- Providing reports and statistical information to management as required.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.