PMO Manager, Project delivery excellence
City : Thornhill, ON
Category : Corporate - Operational Excellence
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
ANYWHERE IN CANADA
WSP is currently seeking a PMO, Project delivery excellence to join our Project Delivery Excellence Team. This position will be responsible for elevating Project Management proficiency within the company. The National PMO Lead will engage each business sector to assess competencies and develop initiatives and / or processes to increase the overall effectiveness of the Project Management Community. The National PMO Lead will report to the National Director of the PMO, working closely to develop and support roll-out of strategic initiatives within WSP. The National PMO Lead will be a strong leader with exceptional communication skills and a champion of organizational change.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Develop, support and roll out Project Management policies, standards and procedures engaging other stakeholders (e.g., Quality, Health and Safety, Procurement, Risk & Legal and Commercial, People and Culture)
- Be a Safety and Change management Champion within the Project Delivery Excellence Team
- Facilitate communication, lessons learned, conflict resolution and initiative sharing for the Project Management Community across all business sectors
- Analyze KPI’s / trends / gaps within the Project Management group to assist with program / process improvements
- Participate in and support project reviews
- Identify and evaluate emerging technologies that may assist Project Management proficiency
- Monitor use and assess the Project Delivery Framework (i.e., OurWay and Major Project Framework) and facilitate updates as required
- Work with the People and Culture Team on Career Path development for the Project Management Community
- Monitor effectiveness of Risk Management processes and facilitate improvements as necessary
- Other duties and initiatives as may be required from Global Project Delivery and Operations
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- A University Degree in Engineering, Planning or equivalent, with 10+ years in Project Management experience on successfully delivering medium to large, multi-discipline, complex engineering and construction projects.
- Experience in delivering projects within an engineering consulting environment is required
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in Canada preferred
- PMI - PMP Certification preferred
- Experience in effecting organizational change within multi-disciplinary teams of project / corporate professionals
- Proficiency with all commonly used Project Delivery models and familiarity with all PM software tools
- Experience in project planning, risk management, cost management and schedule management, and methods of analyzing and reporting project performance on financial and other KPIs;
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including experience making presentations to executive management
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; the ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience; competence in clear, concise and tactful communication with senior management, clients, peers and staff;
- Strong strategic, conceptual, analytical thinking and decision-making skills;
- Adaptability and flexibility including the ability to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity and change;
- Negotiating skills within a context of political sensitivity and conflicting interests.
- Competency in French is an asset.