PMO Lead – Finance IT
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Strategy | Project & Program Management
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
This role will define, document, communicate and monitor delivery best practices & project management principles across Finance IT portfolio. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic change leader who can impact and influence at different level of the organization to make positive difference, working with Program Directors & Project Managers across multiple application teams and lines of business.
What will you do?
- Lead & Define Delivery Excellence Policy & Procedures , for compliance by all Program/Project Managers within Finance - IT
- Governance to ensure project management framework / artifacts are followed by type and size of project
- Promote standardization of templates across teams & projects - status reporting, project governance, estimation etc.
- Build Portfolio views for Finance IT overall
- Manage communication across all PM teams within Finance IT & Enterprise PMO
- Portfolio Reporting for executive reporting at various levels
- People Manager for other PMO Analysts
- Undergraduate degree coupled with minimum of 5 years of change management and/or PMO experience
- Demonstrated ability in written and oral communication skills along with strong presentation skills.
- Extensive knowledge of Project Management Principles and Methodologies (Agile & Iterative Waterfall)
- Previously lead or created a PMO team
- Experience in driving change management across various levels and groups within the organization
- Proficient in PM tools (MS Project, Powerpoint, Excel), standards & best practice
- Ability to facilitate between and influence key decision makers
- Strong organizational, project management and time management capabilities..
- Experience in a matrix environment and technology department within financial institutions
- Strategic thinker with excellent interpersonal skills to work across functions and businesses
- Hands on project management experience
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.