City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Strategy | Project & Program Management
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
You will play a pivotal role in enabling controlled and efficient delivery of change initiative outcomes in RBC Capital Markets (RBCCM).
You will head up the primary PMO team in RBCCM, reporting to the Managing Director for Strategy & Performance Management within QTS, the technology organization of RBCCM. Your aim is to create value through transparency, control, effectiveness, efficiency and flexibility in the way that RBCCM change projects are initiated and then delivered. This includes ongoing quality and process improvements to the standards, processes, roles and tools that direct, control and support project practitioners. You will work closely with senior business and IT project stakeholders to achieve your aim, including regularly providing them with information and advice on the nature and complexity of projects in the portfolio and related risks.
What will you do?
- Build and maintain a deep understanding of the portfolio of change projects ongoing within RBCCM, related plans, progress against them and key risks. Use this to identify and advise RBCCM senior management on issues, risks and recommended resolving actions.
- Continually refine standards for project management processes, roles and tools and ensure these are communicated to project practitioners, understood by them and complied with.
- Own key delivery governance activities and forums, which oversee progress against plans for change projects and assess related project risk factors in support of controlled delivery.
- Support investment governance for RBCCM by providing its decision-making Investment Review Board with good quality benefits cases and subsequent reporting of those benefits, including Key Risk Indicators.
- Drive ongoing assessment of project practitioner capabilities in RBCCM in order to identify and address their capability development needs. This includes stewardship of thriving project practitioner communities.
- Oversee a variety of Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) services such as setup and maintenance of projects in PPM systems and authorization of end users for these.
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher augmented with at least 20 years’ experience in project management roles in a professional capacity (e.g. working for a consulting organization or large Systems Integrator).
- Extensive knowledge of Project Management, Agile Development, Waterfall Development, Change Management, Business Analysis methodologies. And deep skills in applying these.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills – proven ability to communicate at Senior Management/ Executive levels. Including proven ability to manage challenging conversations.
- Consistent track record of success in managing a PMO function, large cross-enterprise projects or portfolios of projects. Including projects with a significant technical component and with significant proportion of third-party suppliers involved.
- Strong team player mindset with ability to work autonomously and manage others effectively.
- Qualification in project management methodologies and lifecycle with project framework certification (PMP/PMA/PRINCE 2).
- Qualification in Agile methods (e.g. SCRUM, SAFe).
- Knowledge and skill in DevOps practices and tools.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Flexible work/life balance options.
- Opportunities to do challenging work.
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities.
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.