Platform DevOps Engineer, Cloud Specialist
City : Montreal, Quebec
Category : Technology
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Bell
Req Id: 384394
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell IT team uses emerging technologies, Agile and DevOps to design and build innovative solutions that enable Bell’s communications services for businesses and consumers. We’re looking for creative problem-solvers who are curious, collaborative and ready to be on the leading edge of technological transformation.
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they’re the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you’re excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
The Bell Network team is on a journey to transform how Bell delivers the best customer experience with seamless access to a software-driven and cloud-based ecosystem of products, services and content. This transformation is about simplifying, virtualizing and automating the network transport and services to lower costs and increase agility to deploy Bell services.
At the heart of this transformation is the Network Cloud Infrastructure and Services team. Our vision: Be recognized by tenants as the simplest, most reliable and adaptable cloud. Nothing less! We are on a mission to enable the Bell Network team to virtualize and cloudify network services and applications by providing self-serve, on-demand, reliable and secure cloud services, while supporting them on their journey.
We are a powerful mix of infrastructure, networking, security, storage, cloud computing, software development experts, supported by a crew of scrum masters and senior managers.
If you love…
• Community; ours is awesome. You will interact with developers in an Agile environment, work in an open space and participate in team building activities
• Building new systems; you will shape and construct a new digital web application and experience
• Connecting with people from other fields. You will bridge different business units and collaborate with many teams to make the best product
• DevOps; we are committed to our practices and tools: CI/CD, containerization, micro-services, Infra-As-Code
• Continuous improvement; our team is organized in product squads, leveraging the best of Lean manufacturing, Agile / Scrum framework to deliver in shorter cycles, adjust according to our tenants needs and continuously improve.
And you want to…
• Sharpen your development skills with the latest technologies, with access to vast resources and without limitations
• Embody and advocate a culture of quality code development
• Paint the path to services implementation through elegant architecture
• Contribute to an on-demand and self-serve organisation
• Openly expose problems and turn them into learning and team bonding experiences
• Put the interest of the team first
• Explore the the cloud-native ecosystem evolution
…then we want to get to know you!
• Contributes to and supports the corporate enterprise container strategy by Identifying ideas to improve system performance and impact availability
• Manage the container platform ecosystem (installation, upgrade, patching, monitoring)
• Review code written by other engineers to ensure it meets standards for quality, security, and performance
• Contribute to the Infrastructure automation via various IaC tooling: Ansible, Terraform, packer.
• Adhere to and ensure security and compliance requirements for platform are maintained.
• Collaborate with team members to conduct root cause analysis and automate fixes.
• Responsible for CI/CD implementation/deployment and support the design and development of new pipelines and features.
• Develop and maintain tools and frameworks to help automate infrastructure and application deployment.
• Support platform/application teams by monitoring apps, performance tuning and providing deployment support.
• Develop quality solutions through adherence to coding standards and test automation
• Participates in an on-call rotation to provide afterhours support for key business solutions.
• Experience with monitoring/logging tools such as Splunk, ELK, Grafana, and Prometheus.
• Maintain catalogue of platform tools, technologies, processes and standards.
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field, or equivalent practical experience.
• 2-5 years of experience working in IT infrastructure, system administration or software development
• Hands-on experience with container management platforms (ex: Openshift)
• Experience deploying Kubernetes (beyond the managed service offerings from cloud providers GCP/AWS/Azure)
• Experience with development/automation tools such as Anisble, Python, Git and Terraform.
• Knowledge of wide range of application required by software to operate and deploy in a K8S cluster (database, code tracing, logging, monitoring etc)
• Knowledge of Docker and containerization concepts with multi-stage builds, registries, and best image practices
• Self-motivated, confident personality with rigorous attention to details, and an ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Good understanding of IT technologies (programming, cloud architecture, micro services, automation) and practices (OO, DevOps, TDD, CI/CD).
• Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills,
• Linux or Kubernetes certification
• Operator framework knowledge
• Solid understanding and working knowledge of both general and Kubernetes networking concepts
• K8S CNI and CSI
• Basic network and protocols understanding (DNS, IPV6, NAT,SSL/TLS,LDAP, SOA, HTTP )
• Wireless core and RAN knowledge an asset
• Basic skill in OOP programing language.
• Good understanding of hardware
• GitOps .
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 08/26/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, QC, Montreal
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.