City : Dieppe
Category : Production & Skilled Trades
Industry : Paper manufacturing
Employer : J.D. Irving
At Irving Tissue, we recognize that the key to our success is our people. Irving Tissue is a leading manufacturer of premium tissue products – including national brands and private label. We pride ourselves in our commitment to providing the best quality products and exceptional service to our consumers and customers. We are also part of a larger organization that acts responsibly when it comes to sustainable practices that begins with a history rooted since 1957. We have planted 1.1 billion trees since then, and have been recognized as a Carbon Neutral Forest Supply Chain. We also manufacture private label diapers and training pants for North American retailers.
The Plant Manager is responsible for delivering the site key performance results. This position will provide engineering and process solutions for issues and improvements; direct engineering, maintenance, production, and support teams to deliver on objectives. Build processes and business strategies that will enable the site to become world class.
The Plant Manager will be based out of Dieppe, New Brunswick (102 Dawson Street). This is a permanent full-time position.
Are you an energetic individual with a can-do attitude who is passionate about achieving results and driving improvement? At Irving Tissue, our culture inspires creativity, nurtures talent, and creates an inclusive workplace. Our employees can thrive and grow their careers across our diverse operating divisions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (preferred)
- 15+ years of progressive and senior leadership experience within a manufacturing facility
- Previous experience converting paper tissue products is preferred
- Working knowledge of Lean Six Sigma, Visual Management and 5S
The main duties/responsibilities of this role include:
- Drive employee experience and engagement initiatives that foster a culture of inclusion and belonging
- Promote a positive safety culture and ensure the safety of all employees through adherence to organizational safety standards and practices, drive a continuous improvement and lean manufacturing environment
- Provide direction and supervision while ensuring day-to-day execution to achieve all plant operating objectives, while alignment with our company values
- Drive engineering and manufacturing improvements in all areas of the facility
- Oversee the prioritization and progression on key initiatives and the development of goals, operational budgets, and operational processes
- Accountable for operational and financial results versus plan and for addressing issues that could impact goal attainment
- Leads the site leadership team, to ensure collaboration and leveraging of resources, innovations, and process improvements across the manufacturing group
- Ensure adherence to all Company standards, practices, and policies, as well as relevant legal and regulatory compliance and reporting
What We Offer
Irving Tissue is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan
- Employee & family assistance programs
- RRSP matching program
- Health & wellness reimbursements
- Product purchase program
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development
- Growth and progression opportunities within Irving Tissue and the larger network of the J.D. Irving group of companies
- Relocation costs (if applicable)
To Apply for this Career Opportunity
Concerned you don’t meet every requirement? Research has shown that many women only apply to jobs when they feel they meet 100% of the hiring criteria. At Irving Tissue, we are focused on creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcome, appreciated and encouraged to contribute fully. If you are interested in this position but are concerned you may not fit the requirements perfectly, we would encourage you to still apply. You might be exactly who we’re looking for with this role or others we have available!
Please apply online at https://careers.jdirving.com/.
For further details, please contact Recruitment at email@example.com
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Tissue is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.