City : Brampton, ON, CA
Category : Financial Planning and Analysis
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
Our Rogers Finance team is at the core of our organization, supporting all of our projects across every line of business. By providing financial support and guidance, our teams rely on our Finance partners to help make strategic, data-driven decisions that will have an impact on our growth and profitability for years to come.
Our Finance team is growing and is looking for like-minded thinkers who are passionate about telling stories through numbers to help take our investments in innovation to the next step. In turn, our Finance team is also committed to the growth and development of their team members. We offer advanced learning through Rogers Finance Transformation, support our colleagues in maintaining their professional designations, and offer a challenging work environment with fulfilling results to help balance both financial and business acumen.
Your journey is filled with limitless possibilities, Let’s make your possible.
Reporting into the Senior Manager, Capital Management, the Planning Manager will be a key contributor to the efforts made to provide timely and accurate reporting and analysis for the IT/Digital Planning team.
This individual will be responsible for the Capital Financial Planning and Analytics supporting the IT/Digital Team.
• Lead monthly, quarterly and annual capital budget planning including forecasting, analytics & reporting.
• Draft commentary and conduct analysis for exec-level capital forecast & financials review presentations
• Present monthly capital financial report to SVP, VPs and Director if required
• Assess capital approval reviews with SVP, VP, Directors and Project Managers
• Conduct financial modelling to evaluate issues, risks, opportunities for cost efficiencies w.r.t financial targets
• Collaborate with BU & Network planning, Finance and PMO governance teams
• Establish and maintain close working relationships with SVPs, VPs, Directors and Project managers and Product Owners in the supported IT & Digital towers
• Work closely with other planning primes, in identifying budgeting and forecasting challenge and contribute to improvements pertaining to financial processes, templates, performance measurements
Skills and Qualifications:
• Undergraduate degree with financial/business background preferred
• Knowledge of the Canadian telecom industry is highly preferred (B2B knowledge a plus)
• Previous experience in Finance or capital planning an asset
• Minimum 5 years of relevant, progressive experience in a financial planning and analytics role preferably in an IT or Digital industry
• Very high proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint and other MS Office tools. Experience in Oracle Enterprise Business and Oracle Discoverer is preferred.
• High degree of proven analytical and data analysis capabilities is required.
• Showcases strong business and financial acumen, research/analysis and problem-solving skills, ability to absorb a large amount of information (financial and non-financial) and summarize key issues.
• Attention to detail, accuracy and high standards of quality are expected. Should be able to work both strategically and tactically.
• He/she will bring excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with proven experience to build and maintain strong working relationships across the organization and with all levels of management in a matrix organization
• Results oriented, has proven ability to multitask, flexible and comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to understand complex dynamics of working with multiple stakeholders with divergent interests
• Relentlessly challenges the status quo to ensure new ideas are explored.
• Understanding of Rogers internal Financial, SDLC, Procurement processes is an asset
• Understanding Project Management principles and Project Software Development life cycle is an asset
• For each supporting portfolio, accountable to deliver monthly CAPEX forecast financial report, quarterly and annual budget planning and reporting.
• Stay on top of portfolio finances and follow up/provide support to Project managers, communicate with Directors and VP as required to help the team ensure forecasted dollars are met during month end.
• Be a representative for IT Capital forecasts/budgets for the supported portfolios and chair/present/participate in various CAPEX financial meetings with Executives, planning, Finance, CAPEX Governance, and Business planning teams, and be prepared to defend the forecast (explain why it is considered achievable or not).
As part of the recruitment process, complete a background check which includes credit and criminal checks.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Rd (341), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Finance & Accounting & Financial Planning and Analysis
Requisition ID: 283298
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Corporate