Planning Coordinator- Pipe
City : Calgary, AB, CA, T2P 3N4
Category : N/A
Industry : Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction
Employer : Shawcor
At Shawcor, we have built a true team environment where all employees are empowered to contribute to the success of the company. The Composite Systems business unit offers several types of corrosion-resistant, flexible composite linepipes for different applications based on our customers’ needs. In fact, our composite linepipe has a service life of 20 years, with no need for expensive maintenance and long-term chemical inhibitor programs.
We want you to join our team!
The Planning Coordinator will work closely with the Senior Planner to provide support and be responsible for production planning support and management of the inventory cycle count program. This role will also support our reel return programs and manage the anticipated requirements for production.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supporting the Senior Planner, the integrity of the production schedule based on the forecast, backlog, and inventory levels.
- Support and identify risks with anticipated sales and raw material availability which could positively or negatively affect the Master Production Schedule.
- Support the maintenance of shop orders in IFS to reflect the confirmed production schedule, monitoring capacity constraints, and follow up with issues on the schedule.
- Support the Planning as required by the senior planner to insure schedule attainment.
- Asset management, including tracking and managing the company’s reels, and supporting forecasted requirements for schedule attainment
- Maintain and manage the Inventory cycle count program, including the investigation and reconciliation.
- Manage inventory transfer to our Supply Depos to support min/max levels.
- Supporting Multi-Site DRP (Distribution Resource Planning) through IFS for all Solution Centers in the US, Canada, and internationally. This includes ensuring the stock of finished goods is at required levels and the distribution requirements are level-loaded as needed.
- Identifying, designing, developing, and generating reports to provide timely information for inventory or scheduling-related business decisions.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Degree or College Diploma (logistics or supply chain certification would be an asset)
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in supply chain or production planning.
- Availability to work on-site (hybrid remote)
- Must have knowledge and understanding of ERP systems. IFS experience would be an asset.
- Analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Package (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) skills.
- Must have good verbal and interpersonal skills
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proactive team player -takes initiative in learning processes and workflows.
- Performs other duties as required to ensure the success of the business unit.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however we cannot accept telephone calls regarding this position. All recruiting activities are managed via our applicant tracking system. Please apply online to be considered for this opportunity.
Shawcor welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. To begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout our recruitment process, please contact our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.