City : Saint John
Category : Construction
Industry : Heavy and civil engineering construction
Employer : J.D. Irving
Gulf Operators, Ltd. is a civil contractor experienced in all aspects of civil work including drilling and blasting, concrete work, excavation, water and sewer, as well as aggregate production and sales. We are always seeking to attract the very best talent for our varied operations.
At Gulf Operators Limited, you will discover a fast-paced work environment and gain exposure to a wide range of industrial, commercial, infrastructure and residential projects.
In the role of Pipe Labourer, you will be provided variety in projects and locations and work alongside the best civil professionals in the industry in a safe manner. There are opportunities for growth and development for the right candidate.
The Pipe Labourer is responsible for performing heavy manual labour duties to assist in the preparation of excavations, installations, and repairs of underground pipe and related components.
- Clean ground around buried pipe using pick or shovel
- Clean surface pipes with scrapers and steel brushes
- Assist in carrying and placing of pipe
- Maintain tools and equipment
- May dig holes or drainage ditches using shovels and picks
- Loading and unloading construction materials
- Leveling earth to fine grade specifications using a rake and shovel
- Assisting heavy equipment operators with equipment attachments
- Guiding heavy equipment operators around site and trenches
- Operating basic equipment such as plate tampers, rollers, lasers etc.
- Installing civil utility components such as pipes, manholes, etc.
- Working in confined spaces such as trenches, manholes, etc.
- Other various construction related activities
- 2-5 years labour experience in the civil construction industry
- Hardworking, self-starter and team player with a strong work ethic
- Strong communication skills
- Strong safety mindset, with the ability to perform all duties with a high degree of safety consciousness
- Ability to work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment
- Willing and available to work flexible shifts
- Reliable transportation to work sites
What We Offer:
- This position offers a competitive wage rate and comprehensive benefits package with includes health, drug, dental and RRSPs.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! The initial review of applications will begin on the deadline date for applying. Applications received after the deadline may not be considered. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Gulf Operators Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.